"Save target as" is saving the source text
Thread poster: Maria Folque

Maria Folque  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:13
Member
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 14, 2010

Dear colleagues,

I've translated a inx.file using TagEditor - SDL Trados 2007 - .

Now I need to save the clean text.

I did "save target as " as usual.

but instead of the target text (Portuguese)
the saved text is the source text (English).

Can anyone explain me how to do so that I can save
the real target text, that is the Portuguese text ?

Many thanks in advance.

Maria


 

Jonna Meeuwissen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:13
Member (2010)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Clean up in Workbench Jun 14, 2010

Dear Maria,

Did you try cleaning the file in the Workbench? Go to Tools -> Clean up and add the file you want to clean up.

Good luck,
Jonna


 

Maria Folque  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:13
Member
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jonna, you've given a good idea ... but still not working Jun 15, 2010

Dear Jonna,

Thank you very much for answering. You gave me a good idea. I've tried to follow your suggestion. But it failed because some error with virtual Java machine occurred and prevented the file from being cleaned.

Well, I hope something good happens and I can deliver the customer a cleaned file.

Thank you again. You were very kind.

Maria


 

lmckinney
Ireland
Local time: 04:13
Swedish to English
The very same problem...haven't figured out a solution yet. Sep 6, 2013

I completed the translation. It saves target as without any error messages but when you look at the file it contains the source text, not the target text. Tried reloading the file using the original file and saw that the target segments are actually in the TM. It's just that they are not seen by word for some reason.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Many thanks

Lidia


 

Aybars ARIKAN
Local time: 06:13
German to Turkish
+ ...
XML Jul 30, 2014

Hi,

I have been experiencing same problem with XML files. Target was saved successfully but when I look at the xml file, all the translations were saved in the tags rather than the tags.

Thanks,
Aybars


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Save target as" is saving the source text

Advanced search







Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search