Is there a way to save segments in a table on word and to save the taget under NAME-FR.Extension ?
Thread poster: Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:32
English to French
+ ...
Jun 15, 2010

Hello,

I would like to know if SDL Trados Studio 2009 offer a way to save the target in word file representing the segments ? This question is motivated by the use of a third party software (Druide - Antidote) to revise the file further.

I would also like to know if there is a way to save the targets automatically under NAME-FR.EXTENSION automatically in the same file as the source.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Mohamed

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:32
English to Czech
+ ...
Bilingual Preview Generator/Save as Jun 15, 2010

Hi Mohamed,
there are two ways to do that:

1. Download the Bilingual Preview Generator from http://www.sdl.com/en/company/partners/sdl-openexchange/browse-studio-applications/default.asp and use it to create Word/Excel files. Requires Studio SP2 and MS Office 2007.

2. Open your document in the Editor in Studio a
... See more
Hi Mohamed,

1. Download the Bilingual Preview Generator from http://www.sdl.com/en/company/partners/sdl-openexchange/browse-studio-applications/default.asp and use it to create Word/Excel files. Requires Studio SP2 and MS Office 2007.

2. Open your document in the Editor in Studio and go to File > Print preview... This will generate a bilingual HTML file you can later open in Word. Please note that this will only work correctly, if you have MS Internet Explorer set as your default web browser.

I hope this helps.
Collapse

Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:32
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks ! Jun 17, 2010

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hi Mohamed,

2. Open your document in the Editor in Studio and go to File > Print preview... This will generate a bilingual HTML file you can later open in Word. Please note that this will only work correctly, if you have MS Internet Explorer set as your default web browser.

I hope this helps.

Thanks ! The only thing is that I use MS 2003...I guess I'll have to do an upgrade !

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:32
English to Czech
+ ...
No need to Jun 17, 2010

Mohamed Mehenoun wrote:
Thanks ! The only thing is that I use MS 2003...I guess I'll have to do an upgrade !

Hi Mohamed,
if you use process No. 2, there is no need to upgrade to Office 2007.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to save segments in a table on word and to save the taget under NAME-FR.Extension ?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »