Thread poster: Christiana Hadjipavli

Christiana Hadjipavli  Identity Verified
Cyprus
Local time: 04:56
German to Greek
+ ...
Jun 17, 2010

Hi,

I am rather new to Trados, using Studio SP2 and WinAlign version 8.0 Freelance.

The problem I am facing is the following: I use WinAlign to create TM from previous translations. I add the files, I edit, I save, everything is fine. I export the results via "File>Export".

When I try to create a TM from the results, the TM has only 50 rows and, therefore, a very small part of the document has actually been exported, even though the Alignment Result includes the whole document volume. I should probably say here that this is a very large document of approx. 60k words. But the same happens with smaller documents of 14k and 5k words: again, only 50 rows appear.

I tried both importing the alignment result into the Translator's Workbench and directly in Studio (TMs>Open TM>File name extension .txt>Upgrage TMs>Quick Upgrade), but the result is the same.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:56
English to Czech
+ ...
Possible answer Jun 17, 2010

Hi Christiana,
could this be the answer?

[Upraveno: 2010-06-17 09:39 GMT]

Cyprus
German to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you - Still 50 rows... Jun 17, 2010

Thank you, Stanislav,

I just did what you suggested, unfortunately I still get a total of 50 rows back in the TM... The same 50 I was getting before...

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Hmm... Jun 17, 2010

Hello Christiana,
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I would have to watch the entire process to see where the mistake is...

Cyprus
German to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 17, 2010

Thanks for the suggestions.

I just thought it's weird that, no matter what document I try to align/export, I always get 50 rows back...

If I discover the solution, (it's already the second day I'm trying) I'll post it.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
50 segments may be what you can see Jun 17, 2010

... in the Translation Memory Window in Studio, but if you click on the > blue arrow (go to next page (Alt+right), you should then see more.

This number is set in Tools>options>Translation Memories View "Number of translation units per page".

Or can you confirm that if you have your TM open and go to File>Settings in Studio, the Translation Units says 50?

[Edited at 2010-06-17 10:57 GMT]

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
That may be it! Jun 17, 2010

Emma, you're probably a sheer genius! It has never crossed my mind that it could be so trivial.
Hopefully, it's what Christiana needs.

Cyprus
German to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
(Blushing...) Jun 17, 2010

Thank you, Emma!!

As simple as that! I spent so much time doing and deleting, reading and re-doing!

Thank you!!

Dawid Mazela, MA, MCIL  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2008)
English to Polish
+ ...
disabled translation memory arrows Jul 11, 2010

I have the very same problem, but in my case the mentioned arrows are disabled (gray instead of blue). At the beginning, I thought that I did something wrong when I was upgrading my TM's so only 50 segments were imported. As it turns out, I can see more of them when I change the "Number of translation units per page" to e.g. 100. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Weird problem(?) with Winalign Export

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search