Thread poster: Jean-Paul ROSETO
Jean-Paul ROSETO
Jean-Paul ROSETO
Local time: 09:26
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
Jun 17, 2010

Hello everybody. I have SDL Trados 2007, MS Word 2002 SP 3 and Windows 7 (64 bit).
After having opened a document I am translating in MS Word and a translation memory on Translator's Workbench when I click on "Ouvrir/récupérer" I have the following error message that appears: "SDL SDL Trados Translator's Workbench is not running" and cannot go on.
I have downloaded "SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance Patch" but nothing changes.

Another problem I have is that when I click
... See more
Hello everybody. I have SDL Trados 2007, MS Word 2002 SP 3 and Windows 7 (64 bit).
After having opened a document I am translating in MS Word and a translation memory on Translator's Workbench when I click on "Ouvrir/récupérer" I have the following error message that appears: "SDL SDL Trados Translator's Workbench is not running" and cannot go on.
I have downloaded "SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance Patch" but nothing changes.

Another problem I have is that when I click on the menu bar on top of MS Word on "TRADOS" next to the "?" in MS Word nothing happens.
Thank you for your help
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Strange Jun 17, 2010

Hi Jean-Paul,
are you sure the TM is open? It seems like only TW is running, without any open TM.
Have you tried opening TW first and then the Word document?

Jean-Paul ROSETO
Jean-Paul ROSETO
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM is open and have tried opening TW first and then the Word document. Jun 17, 2010

Yes I am sure the TM is open and have tried opening TW first and then the Word document.

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Re-register Jun 17, 2010

This is just a blind shot, but try to re-register TW: Go to your Trados installation folder and run the SelfRegister.bat file. This may (but may not) help.

Jean-Paul ROSETO
Jean-Paul ROSETO
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
does not help Jun 17, 2010

I have tried running this file but it doesn't help. I have still the error message and cannot work with Word. The memory seems to be open because when I click on "Tool/Concordance" and type a word I can find concordances.

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Strange: never had any such problems Jun 17, 2010

I've never encountered a similar problem. Sorry, Jean-Paul, the only advice I can give that you proceed in TagEditor which should be working...

Hold on, one more question: are you sure your system has full access to the TM? In other words, if you are running Trados under Vista or Win7, do you run TW as Administrator? Are all five TM files free of write protection?

Jean-Paul ROSETO
Jean-Paul ROSETO
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
does not help Jun 17, 2010

How can I know if I am running TW as Administrator? and how can I change it? I cannot open anymore translation memories.

GILLES MEUNIER
GILLES MEUNIER  Identity Verified
France
English to French
TM Jun 17, 2010

Are you in demo mode when you use the TM ?

Jean-Paul ROSETO
Jean-Paul ROSETO
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not in demo mode problem solved Jun 17, 2010

The problem is solved.

the cause was the UAC (user account control) in Windows 7, which was enabled when I installed the software. The solution was to disable the UAC. Then to uninstall SDL Trados 2007 Suite and to reinstall it as an administrator. Thanks for help

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
That's what I was thinking Jun 17, 2010

Jean-Paul ROSETO wrote:

The problem is solved.

the cause was the UAC (user account control) in Windows 7, which was enabled when I installed the software. The solution was to disable the UAC. Then to uninstall SDL Trados 2007 Suite and to reinstall it as an administrator. Thanks for help

Hi Jean-Paul,
that's exactly why I was asking my questions. I'm glad you are up and running.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error message "SDL Trados Translator's Workbench is not running"

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »