Indesign compatibility problem
Thread poster: ian ward
ian ward  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:41
French to English
Jun 18, 2010

I have been given a .ttx file generated from an indesign file and it cause tageditor 8 to crash.
I have seen that there is a history of Indesign/Trados issues but I know as well that this sort of thing moves all the time with different versions. Does anyone have any experience of this? I ought to be able to work with this file without actually needing any Indesign stuff on my machine, shouldn't I?
Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
not really indesign problem? Jun 18, 2010

it has been suggested to me that the fact that the ttx was generated from an indesign file has nothing to do with the problem, that it is a problem of compatibility with two different versions of tageditor... and so I could have the same problem with the ttx of an msword file !
I think this is "hallucinant", that SDL could put out a version of tageditor which is incompatbile with a version I bought 18 months ago ! I will search the forum to see if anyone has reported this as an issue.

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Full screen? Jun 18, 2010

Is your TagEditor window maximized to full screen when you open the file?
Try restoring the dialog to the "normal" size (not minimize), then drag TTX file and drop it in TagEditor window.

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
great idea! but.... Jun 19, 2010

it doesn't work irrespective of the state of the tageditor window.... thanks all the same ....

I am tempted, when I think I will be able keep my temper, to report this to SDL and see what excuse they come up with!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
With all that flattery... Jun 19, 2010

... how can we fail to respond.

Hi Ian,

The first thing I would suggest is to make sure that you have the latest version of SDL Trados 2007 Suite installed (8.3.0.863) and that you have all the patches for SDL Trados 2007 as there have been a few relating to this file format. This one may be useful.

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1893&p=1

I can see you don't have a support contract so if you still can't resolve the problem then please feel free to send the file to me and I'll see if I can help.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

[Edited at 2010-06-19 12:03 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Indesign compatibility problem

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search