Thread poster: Zaur Bahramov

Zaur Bahramov  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:42
English to Russian
+ ...
Jun 18, 2010

Hi!

I've loaded a PDF file in SDL Studio 2009 and starting translating it. After translating couple of units in Editor I got a warning message, saying that the "Tag order in this segment has been changed", Source -> Tag Verification.
What is it about and how to resolve it?

Looking forward to your assistance!

Thanks!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Checking Tags Jun 19, 2010

Hi Zaur,

The message is simply telling you that you have some tags in your target that are in a different order to the tags in your source. This might be responsible for problems when back converting the document so it is important to check this.

If you can't see them it is possible that Studio has hidden them, particularly if they are formatting tags. The easiest way to check this is to use ctrl+shift+H and this will toggle the display of hidden tags on and off.

Maybe this will help you to see where the difference lies?

Regards

Paul

Zaur Bahramov  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 20, 2010

Thank you very much! I did as you advised and noticed/fixed the problem.

SDL Support wrote:

Hi Zaur,

The message is simply telling you that you have some tags in your target that are in a different order to the tags in your source. This might be responsible for problems when back converting the document so it is important to check this.

If you can't see them it is possible that Studio has hidden them, particularly if they are formatting tags. The easiest way to check this is to use ctrl+shift+H and this will toggle the display of hidden tags on and off.

Maybe this will help you to see where the difference lies?

Regards

Paul

MonikaChros
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
By "fields" Trados means "hyperlink tags" Nov 26, 2013

Good evening,

I had the same problem.
At first I followed the general advice, and corrected over 100 segments with minor tag problems.....
But it turned out that in one segment the programme hid hyperlink tags, and somehow I must have deleted them. I am very careful with tags, but these were just hidden.
It is always useful to go through the list of errors first and focus on the ones that seem to be causing the problem.

Regards,
Monika Chrościelewska

[Zmieniono 2013-11-26 05:12 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag order in this segment has been changed

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search