Getting points instead of spaces
Thread poster: Mohamed Mehenoun

Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 06:34
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
Jun 20, 2010

Hello,

I'm using Trados SDL Studio 2009 and for some reason all the spaces show as little points, this is really getting on my nerve ! Any idea on how to shut down this option ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Mohamed


 

Mirja Maletzki  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:34
Korean to German
+ ...
Tools Jun 21, 2010

Go to Tools - Options - Editor... then under "Side by side editor" you will find "Show whitespace characters". That's the one you want.

 

Sangeeta Joshi  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 11:04
Member (2009)
German to English
Disable Show/Hide on Trados toolbar Jun 21, 2010

Hi,

I think you need to click on the Show/Hide button on the Trados toolbar. It is represented by the paragraph symbol. By clicking on this button, you will disable Show and switch to the Hide option.


 

Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 06:34
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
worked thanks ! Jun 21, 2010

Sangeeta Joshi wrote:

Hi,

I think you need to click on the Show/Hide button on the Trados toolbar. It is represented by the paragraph symbol. By clicking on this button, you will disable Show and switch to the Hide option.


It worked thanks a lot !


 

Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 06:34
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks ! Jun 21, 2010

Mirja Maletzki wrote:

Go to Tools - Options - Editor... then under "Side by side editor" you will find "Show whitespace characters". That's the one you want.



Problem solved, thanks !


 

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:34
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
shortcut Jun 21, 2010

I'm glad you've solved your problem, but you may like to know the shortcut for this is Ctrl+shift+8. This toggles whitespace chars on and off in Trados and Word so it's a very useful shortcut to have under your fingertips.

On an aside, you may find it annoying to see the dots if you are not used to them, but they are pretty useful in both applications (especially in Trados) to see extra spaces left around words and tags. So try getting used to them!

[Edited at 2010-06-21 07:59 GMT]


 

Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 06:34
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias ! Jun 21, 2010

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

I'm glad you've solved your problem, but you may like to know the shortcut for this is Ctrl+shift+8. This toggles whitespace chars on and off in Trados and Word so it's a very useful shortcut to have under your fingertips.

On an aside, you may find it annoying to see the dots if you are not used to them, but they are pretty useful in both applications (especially in Trados) to see extra spaces left around words and tags. So try getting used to them!

[Edited at 2010-06-21 07:59 GMT]


Thanks a lot !


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting points instead of spaces

Advanced search







Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search