Holger Remke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:12
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Jun 21, 2010

Hi there,

I just received an INX Export file from InDesign Version CS5 and like to work on it with my Trados 2007 Freelance version. When I try to open it in TagEditor, I get the following message:

"Document contains document type declaration "docu". Tag settings for this document type are not yet defined". Then the tag setting dialog appears.

How can I create this missing DTD file ("docu") or is it the InDesign user who needs to create it?

Many thanks for your help!

Holger

Direct link Reply with quote

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Downsave Jun 21, 2010

If I'm not mistaken, depending on your Trados 2007 build, you should be able to process CS4 files. Ask your client to downsave his CS5 INX file into a CS4 INX file before sending it to you.

[Edited at 2010-06-21 14:31 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
INX? Jun 21, 2010

Hi Holger,

Are you sure that you have an INX from CS5? I don't think that CS5 will export an INX, only IDML. If you have Studio SP2 then you will be able to use IDML.

To get to INX from CS5 I believe you have to go CS5 - IDML - CS4 - INX. Probably just easier to use Studio with the IDML and avoid all the possible problems with file exchanges.

Regards

Paul

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 06:12
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
IDML Jun 21, 2010

InDesign CS5 does not export INX files. It should be an IDML file and SDL Trados Studio 2009 supports CS4 and CS5 IDML files.

It may be possible to translate IDML files using TagEditor but you have to create your own xml filter. Also see http://www.proz.com/topic/170468

SDL Trados Studio's IDML filter is a good one (like many other Trados filters, in particular the Word filter). If you are already a Trados user it may be a good idea to upgrade to Studio.

[Edited at 2010-06-21 15:04 GMT]

Holger Remke  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Client says his version is CS5 Jun 21, 2010

I asked the client what version he works with - unfortunately I FIRST asked him to send me an INX export. So he told me he works with Indesign CS5 and sent me an INX export... I will try to solve this by asking the Client for an IDML file and using Studio 2009. Thank you!
If I understand correctly, SDL Trados 2007 does not support CS4 and CS5?

Regards,
Holger

JoeFixit  Identity Verified
English to Norwegian
Need CS 5 Sep 8, 2010

Do you need do have In Design CS 5 installed in order to translate/analyze IDML files from the client?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
SDL Trados 2007 does not support IDML files Sep 8, 2010

You must have a INX file for T2007 - to get such you need to have InDesign CS4, this was the last of the family to export files as INX.

dkalinic
Croatian to German
+ ...
Not working on my system Sep 25, 2010

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

InDesign CS5 does not export INX files. It should be an IDML file and SDL Trados Studio 2009 supports CS4 and CS5 IDML files.

It may be possible to translate IDML files using TagEditor but you have to create your own xml filter. Also see http://www.proz.com/topic/170468

SDL Trados Studio's IDML filter is a good one (like many other Trados filters, in particular the Word filter). If you are already a Trados user it may be a good idea to upgrade to Studio.

[Edited at 2010-06-21 15:04 GMT]

Selcuk, my version of Trados Studio 2009 SP2 doesn't support the IDML files. It keeps on showing that the files of this type aren't supported. Don't know what seems to be the matter.

Regards,
Davor

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

INX Export file from InDesign CS5 and Trados 2007

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search