Importing non-breaking spaces from Word into SDL Trados Studio
Thread poster: kniffler
kniffler
Local time: 10:55
Jun 23, 2010

Hello everybody!

Is there a possibility to copy non-breaking spaces existing in a Word file into SDL Trados Studio?

For our company this would be really important. That is because we don't "translate" certain segments in our texts, we just copy text from a Word file (with a lot of non-breaking spaces in it) into the Editor for these segments. Unfortunately, the non-breaking spaces disappear during the copying from Word to Trados. I know, you can do these spaces manually (Ctrl - Shift - space bar) but it would be really convenient if they didn't get lost in the first place.

I hope someone can "enlighten" me on this subject.
Thanks very much in advance!

Nadine

Direct link Reply with quote

TransFormats Language Services, S.L. Barcelona
Local time: 10:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
converting instead of copying Jun 23, 2010

Hi Nadine,

I think you should convert the Word file into a Trados file instead of copying the Word text into the Editor.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing non-breaking spaces from Word into SDL Trados Studio

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search