How to spell check?
Thread poster: Andjelo Miklic

Andjelo Miklic
Local time: 14:30
English to Croatian
+ ...
Jan 15, 2004

How to spell check translated (target) text in Trados? Thank you!

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
More details, please Jan 15, 2004

Hi Andjelo,
As a general rule, you should always provide as much information as possible when dealing with a problem.

To answer your question, we need to know which editor you're using (MS Word, TagEditor or one of the T-Windows). It's also generally important to indicate the software version (although that shouldn't be too much of an issue here).

Best regards, Ralf

Andjelo Miklic
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry! Jan 15, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Andjelo,
As a general rule, you should always provide as much information as possible when dealing with a problem.

To answer your question, we need to know which editor you're using (MS Word, TagEditor or one of the T-Windows). It's also generally important to indicate the software version (although that shouldn't be too much of an issue here).

Best regards, Ralf

Andjelo Miklic
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry! Jan 15, 2004

I am working with Trados 5.5 freelancer, and I am using Tag editor.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check the Help function Jan 15, 2004

Thanks.

The spell checking options in TagEditor are explained in detail in the TagEditor Help: use the Index section and search for Spelling tab. You can use the built-in spell checker ("WinterTree"), or MS Word.

Please let me know if there are any further problems.

Best regards, Ralf

Laure Trads  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
English to French
I can't access the French spellchecker in Tageditor Apr 28, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Thanks.

The spell checking options in TagEditor are explained in detail in the TagEditor Help: use the Index section and search for Spelling tab. You can use the built-in spell checker ("WinterTree"), or MS Word.

Please let me know if there are any further problems.

Best regards, Ralf

Hi Ralf,

I read with interest what you wrote above, because I have never managed to use the French spell checker in Tageditor and, apparently, I'm not the only one.

I went to Tools > Plug-ins. "Spelling Checkers" is ticked and there is a circle with a dot inside it next to "Word spelling checkers". But if I select "Word spelling checkers" and click on "Properties", I get the message "This plug-in does not support property pages". I have left Word 2002 open (as it seems important to do so in order for Tageditor to access the spellchecker in Word).

And I can't see any WinterTree.

I use Tageditor 6.5.5.438. I would be grateful for suggestions.

Cheers,
Laure

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to spell check?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search