Pradeep Neupane  Identity Verified
Nepal
Local time: 15:47
Member (2013)
English to Nepali
+ ...
Jun 23, 2010

Dear all:

I am in problem. Please suggest me some quick steps to export the database saved in SDL Trados 2009 TM to SDL Trados 2009 TM.

I have both SDL version. Please suggest me as soon as possible. I am egarly waiting for your reply. I need to send my files to client by today.

Thanks,
Pradeep

Direct link Reply with quote

Ben Hickman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 11:02
Dutch to English
Export SLD Trados 2009 TM for SDL Trados 2007 Jun 23, 2010

Hello Pradeep,

Here's what you do:
1. Click 'Translations Memories' at the lower left corner of the SDL Trados 2009 window.
2. Click 'Open Translation Memory...' at the top left (under the menu bar).
3. Locate your 2009 TM (.sdltm format) and click Open. If you haven't yet 'finalized' your project, you should use the one in the project folder, not in the translation memories folder. In my case this is located at My Documents > SDL Trados Studio > Projects > (name of project) > en-GB (or your target language).
4. Click File > Export.
5. Click the Browse button in the Export window.
6. Choose the folder where you want to save the export file, give it a name and click Save.
7. You will now have a TMX file that can be imported into the SDL Trados 2007 Workbench.

When you import to the Workbench you must select TMX 1.4b as the format of the import file.

Hope this helps.

- Ben

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

exporting SDL Trados 2009 TM database to SDL Trados 2007 TM database

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search