Thread poster: Pradeep Neupane
Pradeep Neupane
Pradeep Neupane  Identity Verified
Member (2013)
English to Nepali
+ ...
Jun 24, 2010

Dear all:

Is this possible to make the multiple TM into single TM in Trados 2009.

I have 4 different TMs of Nepali Language which i want to convert it into sinlge TM.

Waiting for reply....

Thanks
Pradeep

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:36
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
export as tmx Jun 24, 2010

If you export your Studio TMs as tmx, you can then create a new empty TM in Studio and import your tmx files.
I don't think it is possible to import .sdltm files into a TM without this workaround unfortunately. Not sure why.

Another feature that may be useful for you is to open more than one TM at a time (project settings>language pairs>(your language pair)>translation memory... Then add other TMs. You can have them for look-up purposes and not update them, or you can check th
... See more
If you export your Studio TMs as tmx, you can then create a new empty TM in Studio and import your tmx files.
I don't think it is possible to import .sdltm files into a TM without this workaround unfortunately. Not sure why.

Another feature that may be useful for you is to open more than one TM at a time (project settings>language pairs>(your language pair)>translation memory... Then add other TMs. You can have them for look-up purposes and not update them, or you can check the box at the end of the line and have them updated too.

HTH
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

making multiple TM into single in Trados 2009

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »