Difficulties with initialising Trados (error description)
Thread poster: Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren

Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:17
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 25, 2010

Hello every one who gets frustrated and forced to learn all the engineering subtelties of PC thanks to our Trados tool....

Today, when I was working with Trados Studio, all of a sudden an error appeared on the screen, whereafter I thought to reboot the PC and solve the problem... But in vain.. Nothing happened!

I restored the PC to an earlier time but even Trados Synergy failed to work.

Then I took the work on my shoulders and uninstalled and reinstalled all Trados modules. This worked partially at least after I updated Microsoft.Net

Now, Trados Studio still does not work and accompanies the following error message on the screen:

''Service Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.lProjectManagementService'

Does this information ring any bell or should I reformat and clean my PC all over again (last time I did was one month ago)?

I cross my fingers for any useful advice.

Thank you in advance for your tips!

Binnur

Direct link Reply with quote

Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here comes the solution Jun 26, 2010

Again I am coming up with a solution myself and therefore wanted to help those who may face the same type of problem:

If this problem occurs, what you have to do is just go to
...\SDL Trados Studio\Projects

Here Project.xml file should be renamed: (example: project.xml.bak) then restart Studio.

It should work...

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Well discovered..! Jun 26, 2010

Hi Binnur,

You did well to work that out. There is a KB article on this with a couple of other solutions in case this doesn't work for everyone.

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2818&p=1

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Difficulties with initialising Trados (error description)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search