Difficulties with initialising Trados (error description)
Thread poster: Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren

Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:34
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 25, 2010

Hello every one who gets frustrated and forced to learn all the engineering subtelties of PC thanks to our Trados tool....

Today, when I was working with Trados Studio, all of a sudden an error appeared on the screen, whereafter I thought to reboot the PC and solve the problem... But in vain.. Nothing happened!

I restored the PC to an earlier time but even Trados Synergy failed to work.

Then I took the work on my shoulders and uninstalled and reinstalled all Trados modules. This worked partially at least after I updated Microsoft.Net

Now, Trados Studio still does not work and accompanies the following error message on the screen:

''Service Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.lProjectManagementService'

Does this information ring any bell or should I reformat and clean my PC all over again (last time I did was one month ago)?

I cross my fingers for any useful advice.

Thank you in advance for your tips!

Binnur

Direct link Reply with quote

Binnur Tuncel van Pomeren  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here comes the solution Jun 26, 2010

Again I am coming up with a solution myself and therefore wanted to help those who may face the same type of problem:

If this problem occurs, what you have to do is just go to
...\SDL Trados Studio\Projects

Here Project.xml file should be renamed: (example: project.xml.bak) then restart Studio.

It should work...

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Well discovered..! Jun 26, 2010

Hi Binnur,

You did well to work that out. There is a KB article on this with a couple of other solutions in case this doesn't work for everyone.

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2818&p=1

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Difficulties with initialising Trados (error description)

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search