MultiTerm Extract 2009 does not extract
Thread poster: Kelinci
Kelinci
Czech Republic
Local time: 00:11
English to Czech
Jun 25, 2010

Hi,

I have bought SDL Trados Studio 2009 and SDL MultiTerm Extract w/SDL PhraseFinder. I have installed all the products and activated. Of course, I have downloaded the licence file for MultiTerm Extract 09.

When I tried to perform monolingual extraction of terms using MT Extract from an RTF file (it contained only plain text, no pics or links or so) yesterday for the very first time, the list was extracted successfully. I did not save it because at that time I did not need it. I just wanted to know if it works. It worked. Everything was OK.

But today in the morning I have tried it again, with the same file as yesterday, with the same settings applied etc., the Extract does not show any results. It simply does NOT contain ANY extracted terms. I have tried many other files (RTF, DOC, TXT) and applied various settings, but no success. I have also tried to reinstall the SDL MultiTerm Extract 2009 completely (with returning the licence and downloading the new one). No fruits.

I am using WinXP, MS Office 2003. I have already contacted the vendor but they have no workaround for this.

Has anybody experienced the same problem? I am really desperate.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm Extract 2009 does not extract

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search