Trados Studio: impossible to run because of license
Thread poster: FrancescoP
FrancescoP  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:47
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 26, 2010

I recently upgraded my Trados 2007 Freelance edition to Trados Studio 2009 Freelance Plus.

I followed ALL the steps for the installation. I first upgraded my Trados 2007 to the 2007 Suite version, then I returned the old license and I upgraded the new one.

When I go in My Account on the SDL web site, I can see my Studio license and I can see there is 1 in use. However, every time I tried to start Studio, I'm asked to insert the product key, and once I do that, I get the following error message:

You should have a valid license to run SDL Trados Studio 2009.

BUT I HAVE A VALID LICENSE!!!

When I go in License Manager, I can see my license in the list of activated license.

However, the License Status window doesn't show any license under Available licenses. But if I click on View activated licenses, the license is there.

When I try to run Studio, I'm asked to insert the activation code. I do that and then I get the message "Congratulations, you have successfully activated the product".

But then I get: You should have a valid license to run SDL Trados Studio 2009.

I wasted the whole day trying to figuring out what went wrong. This forum is my last hope. I really hope I can sort it out before Monday...

I also tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling only Studio. But nothing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Francesco

[Edited at 2010-06-26 06:28 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

FrancescoP  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:47
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jun 26, 2010

Surprisingly, this morning when I opened the License Manager, my license was there and I was finally able to run Studio.

It might be that you need 5+ hours after the purchase for your license to become active.

Big THANK YOU to SDL for getting back to me in a matter of hours from my post in this forum and in a weekend!

It is nice to see you really care about your customers!

Best,

Francesco

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio: impossible to run because of license

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search