Problems with Trados Suite 2007 on Windows 7
Thread poster: MCGuillon
MCGuillon  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:14
English to French
Jun 27, 2010

Hi !

I have installed and activated Trados Suite 2007 on my new computer running Windows 7. I can open the workbench and TMs, but I cannot open Multiterm. Message is "la référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet". Can somebody help ?

PS: I think I already posted this question, but I can no longer find it on the forums. Excuse-me if my request has already been answered. In this case, please help me to get to the answer.

Many thanks in advanced
Marie

Direct link Reply with quote

Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I can't run Multiterm at all! Jun 27, 2010

Lately I realized I haven't been using MT for years now, because of some configuration / Installation issues I could never solve.
I decided to use it again, since I paid for it and it is quite a useful tool. I have a Laptop with Vista and Office 2007, a PC running Windows 7 and Office 2007 and Trados 2007 Suite (2008?, 8.3.0.863, Build 863, MT 7.5.0.444, Build 448) running on both computers.
MT doesn't work on neither, WB and TagEditor work on the Laptop, but don't seem to like working on my PC (which is my main working PC).
Although I've written to support twice, the only answer I got was an charming offer to upgrade to 2009 Suite, what I definitely don't wan't to do now. I spent enough for this software in the last years (since 2002!) and even have it working 100%.
Since I had some other conflicts on my Laptop in the last days (where Trados might work, but without Multiterm) and a lot of work to do, I just installed MemoQ and am working smooooothly, having only read 1/100 of all forums, guides and instructions I've read or have been reading in the last 8 years to work with Trados.

I tried almost every tips, hints, suggestions and instructions found here, at SDL homepage and Knowledge Base, yahoo groups and some other without any success. On the other hand, I need to work and can't invest more time learning or finding out some trick on a software I have been using for years! 8 years!

Well, excuse me, Marie, for leaving this out on your topic, but it seemed to me that we are kind of speaking about the same problems.
Maybe we get some real helpful, new and QUICK solutions...
Meanwhile I'm gladly working with MemoQ!

MCGuillon  Identity Verified
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Constance Jun 28, 2010

Thank you Constance for your comments. I can see we've had about the same poor experience with Trados. In fact I was happy with my Trados 6 release.
Like you, I've been using Trados for more than 8 years and until now, I haven't had to ask for support. I think the problem is with Windows 7.
I will contact SDL Sales Support services today. If I get any helping advice, I will post it on this forum.
Do you use MemoQ in the place of Multiterm or in the place of the whole Trados Suite?
I hope I will come back to this forum with helping news
Marie

Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It can't be Windows 7 Jun 28, 2010

Ah, Marie, the problem can't be Windows 7, since I had Trados working well (although without MT) on my PC with Windows 7 Beta before I had some other problems with the machine, had to format the computer, reinstall everything and got the latest Windows 7. I can't believe Trados would work on Windows 7 Beta and won't work on Windows 7 latest release. And, just pointing out, I haven't been able to work with Multiterm in the last 3 or 4 years and almost forgot this feature!
I hope, too, we get some helping advice from support!
Meanwhile I am working happily with MemoQ in place of the whole Trados. It's very easy and user friendly and until know I haven't had problems of any kind. Best of all: I could work and deliver the jobs meeting the deadlines.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Trados Suite 2007 on Windows 7

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search