Studio 2009 - TM not populating & no autosuggest
Thread poster: Daniel Isaacs
Daniel Isaacs
Local time: 12:17
Hebrew to English
Jun 28, 2010

I am working on my second computer (laptop) due to my primary computer being at the lab because of graphics card issues. My license is a freelance plus license which enables me to run on two machines. I had previously had Studio running on the laptop as well, but had deleted it at one stage when I thought that the hard disk needed replacing. it turned out that it didn't so I reactivated the license, however, it appears that the license hasn't been reactivated properly because the TM won't populate and I can't retrieve fuzzy matches.

Also, the autosuggest function is suddenly not available, despite having been available in the past, which also points to a licensing issue.

I have tried to return the license and reactivate, but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

As a result of the failure to populate, when the program crashed (yes, crashed) I ended up losing a day's work. Ordinarily, that wouldn't bother me in Studio since the information is all supposed to be in the TM, but this time it appears that I've truly lost a full 24 hours of work, since I cannot find the info in the TM. Not fun.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ana Kardum  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 11:17
German to Croatian
+ ...
I have similar problems... Jun 28, 2010

Dear Daniel,

I think you need to contact SDL technical support and ask them to cancel all your activations and reissue your licenses if necessary.

If Studio crashed, you should still be able to open your projects/bilingual files if they have been saved, regardless of the TM issue. Did you manage to do that? Or you computer crashed as well..?

I have similar problems...I used to have a problem with populating and using fuzzy matches on my older, weaker machine. Now I have problems with the TM - the segments that I confirmed and translated are simply not in the TM. I tried to update the project memory, but it does not help...

I also do not have AutoSuggest, although my License Manager says it has been activated. I will have to talk to the SDL support again...but honestly, this is really a serious problem in some projects.

I hope thats somebody here on proz can help us...

[Edited at 2010-06-28 18:04 GMT]

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TM population not a licensing issue Jun 28, 2010

Hello Ana & Daniel,
AFAIK, populating the TM does not depend on licensing. In my opinion, you created your projects with the "Project TM" option turned ON. This would mean, that all your translations go to the project TM first. The main TM is only populated during the "Finalize" batch task.

If you go to your "Studio Project Folder\TM\Language-code", this is where you should find the temporary Project TM which stores all TUs from this project.

In other words, no work should be lost, just stored where you perhaps wouldn't expect it to be.

[Upraveno: 2010-06-28 20:44 GMT]

Ana Kardum  Identity Verified
Croatia
German to Croatian
+ ...
Thanks - it works now! Jun 28, 2010

Thanks a lot, Stanislav. I finalized all files now and it seems that the main project memory now contains those new segments. I am still learning about Studio and I prefer working based on projects as it makes a lot of things automatic and faster.

Hope to meet you in Prague in October...

Have a nice rest of the week.

Daniel Isaacs
Local time: 12:17
Hebrew to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Stanislav Jun 28, 2010

I think I found it. Thank you!

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Excellent Jun 28, 2010

Hi Ana,
I'm glad that my assumption was correct and that you are up and running again.

Hope to meet you in Prague too!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 - TM not populating & no autosuggest

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search