Studio 2009 - Error: "The TM may contain invalid translation units"
Thread poster: Daniel Isaacs
Daniel Isaacs
Local time: 23:40
Hebrew to English
Jun 28, 2010

Ok, so this might be the source of my problem. The question is - how do I find the invalid units and uncorrupt the TM?

Thanks in advance ...

Daniel (tearing out what little hair he has left ...)

Direct link Reply with quote

Hubert Chang  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:40
Member (2010)
English to Chinese
reorganizing it Jun 29, 2010

try to reorganiz it

Daniel Isaacs
Local time: 23:40
Hebrew to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 29, 2010

turns out I had corrupted data. I loaded a back up and then did an export and import. In a TM of around 250,000 units (!) it found about 2,500 errors - a rate of 1:1000 which I guess is to be expected. It is only unfortunate that the program didn't warn me that I was working with a corrupted file, and instead, continued to work. Except that it wasn't really working properly (see below). So I lost about a day's work overall. A bit frustrating but not a mistake I will make again soon.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 - Error: "The TM may contain invalid translation units"

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search