Studio 2009 & Windows 7 compatability
Thread poster: David Gripper
David Gripper
Local time: 13:41
French to English
Jun 28, 2010

I changed my computer this weekend so now use windows 7. I also reinstalled SDL Trados studio 2009 with SP2. It looks great but when I try to edit and type the translated text in, the package creation wizard opens after every dozen or so key strokes - effectively slowing the overall work to a standstill. I am a freelance so don't need to create packages - is there a way of disabling it? (2007 Freelance wont even open in windows 7). I've tried to return the free trial license hoping that my freelance license will have diabled this feature but it won't let me return it.

Direct link Reply with quote

Hubert Chang  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:41
Member (2010)
English to Chinese
let it be Jun 29, 2010

it seems that you can't disable it. Both trados 2007 and studio 2009 work perfect under windows 7.

[修改时间: 2010-06-29 09:21 GMT]

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 13:41
English to Czech
+ ...
You are using a trial version Jun 29, 2010

Hi David,
if you installed a new copy of Studio, you are now using a 30-day Professional trial, i.e. the Project Creation Wizard can be activated. This will no longer be possible after your trial period has expired.

In fact, I am experiencing the same issue e.g. whenever I try to adapt the display brightness (Fn+F2/F3) on my laptop. It happened to me regularly with my old one and it also happens regularly on my brand-new one. So I guess that's a minor bug in the software.

[Upraveno: 2010-06-29 14:03 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 & Windows 7 compatability

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search