Thread poster: Lucile Gourraud-Beyron

Lucile Gourraud-Beyron  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:25
English to French
+ ...
Jun 29, 2010

Hi,

I am using Trados 2007, and my problem is the following:

I had to translate a file for a client using an .ini file that he provided.
Now, I am trying to keep working on another .ttx file for another client, and when I open it I get the following message :
"Error in plug-in filter definition file c:\...\Word_1_0_0_0.xml :
The C++ Plug-in in DLL TradosWordBinaryFile.dll does not export a valid factory function CreateWordFileScanner"

I can work in TagEditor but I can't insert the tags, I have to copy and paste each one manually, which is really tedious.

I have searched the forum for similar problems, and none fit exactly mine. I only have the .ttx file, so I cannot accept all changes in the word document.

Also, this clearly comes form the fact that I used an .ini for another file earlier.
I know how to use a specific .ini, but then I do I "go back" to the previous settings to keep working on my other file?

I hope you can help!

thanks

Lucile

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error in plug-in filter definition file

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search