two user on a single network with trados 2009 FL plus
Thread poster: Kerem Severoğlu
Kerem Severoğlu
Local time: 10:49
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 29, 2010

Me and my partner were about to buy two licences for trados 2009 FL, but then we have noticed on the contract that, it is impossible to use two FL license on the same network (do not know why).
Then I have contacted my local trados seller and he said that by buying a single trados 2009 FL PLUS licence, we can use trados, with one licence, on two different computer, on the same network. But i am doubtful about this.

Anyone knowing smtng about this subject?

Thanks already

Kerem Severoğlu

Direct link Reply with quote

Didier Fourcot  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:49
Member (2004)
English to French
It all depends on what you call a network Jun 29, 2010

This is an old flaw from Trados since a number of versions.

In fact the number of licences you purchased does not matter, if one program is opened on a machine of the Windows workgroup, then the next program will launch in demo mode.

The easiest solution I found is to put the machines in separate workgroups and share the server volumes by IP address instead of names:
\\server\volume
becomes
\\x.y.z.t\volume
where x.y.z.t is the IP address of you file server on the local network (probably something looking like 192.168.0.10)

If the IP configuration of your network is correct, the machines will access the Internet through the same gateway without any change, simply rename the workgroup from the Properties of My Computer.

There are also cracks and firewall configurations that will allow you to use what you have paid, but these are more complicated and the publisher could consider them illegal, albeit I am curious of the output of a claim against a legitimate customer having paid full price for a product that he cannot use.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:49
English
Read the following... Jun 29, 2010

KB Article as this may help a little;

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2671&p=1

The restrictions are different with the 2009 version of the software and you should have no problems running as many copies of the software as you have licenses for as long as you are able to comply with the way license types are restricted now.

Hopefully this will explain but if you have any questions post them here and we can try to answer them.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

two user on a single network with trados 2009 FL plus

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search