Error message with XML: DITA 1.1 v 1.1.0.0 files
Thread poster: Cristina Godoy
Cristina Godoy
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 29, 2010

Hello all,

I'm not sure I might be missing some step in the creation / configuration of a new xml file type. I work with Trados Freelance 2009, and when I receive the bilingual xliff files from other translators who also work with trados 2009, I cannot save (confirm) the editings / changes for a modified segment, nor can I save the bilingual as a target xml file. When I try to do this, an error message appeara that says roughly this: "the definition for the file type with id XML: DITA 1.1 v 1.1.0.0 could not be found".
I've just created a new file type with this specific definition and went back to trying to save other translators' files, but the same message will still pop up.

Thanks for any help provided!

Direct link Reply with quote

Hubert Chang  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:03
Member (2010)
English to Chinese
try another way Jun 30, 2010

Let the other translator send you a Package instead of xliff file. And you should send back a Return Package. It may help.

[修改时间: 2010-06-30 05:40 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:03
English
Maybe a missing filetype Jun 30, 2010

Hi Cristina,

The error message suggests that you need to copy over the DITA.sdlfiletype from here;

c:\Program Files\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio1\File Types\

to here;

c:\Users\<username>\Documents\SDL Trados Studio\File Types\

Then make sure that the path to this filetype in your Tools - Options - Filetypes is also correct.

If this doesn't do the trick and you get an error message can you send the error to me at pfilkin@sdl.com A screenshot, and if possible a copy of the stack trace that might be available in the error message by clicking on a small blue disk symbol in the bottom left corner of the error message.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message with XML: DITA 1.1 v 1.1.0.0 files

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search