Error at opening: "Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService."
Thread poster: Ognjenka Maric

Ognjenka Maric  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:48
Member (2009)
Spanish to Bosnian
+ ...
Jun 30, 2010

The program does not initialize, every time I try to open it this error appears, and it keeps appearing even after uninstalling and installing the Trados again.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Resolution in the SDL KB Jun 30, 2010

Hello Ognjenka,

Can you try following the instructions in this KB;

Troubleshooting Error Message: Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService' could not be started
http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2818&p=1

This should help you.

Regards

Paul

Ognjenka Maric  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to Bosnian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Jun 30, 2010

It actually worked, thank you very much!

KARIS ISABELLA DAVOGLIO  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
same message Jan 15, 2011

Hello,
I've installed trados studio 2009 on my xp parallel, getting the same error message over and over.
Tried it all , including the 2818 talisma procedure yet no results at all.
I am by now totally desperate. Bought trados studio 2009 in november and not able to do a thing in the past two months.
I honestly don't know what to do anymore, except being totally ticked off..

thank you in advance for any suggestion.
K.Isabella D.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try to remove settings files Jan 16, 2011

In c:\documents and settings\ go to your account, open the application data, open the sdl part, find a folder SDL Studio, and delete BaseSettings.xml and UserSettings.xml
I am sorry I do not have the proper path for XP, as I do not use the OS any longer.
Then in My documents locate the SDL Studio folder, locate File Types, make a backup copy of this folder and replace the whole content with the content of File Types folder from SDL Trados Studio installation folder.

TraduLex  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Danish
+ ...
Same problem with Studio 2011 Apr 21, 2012

Hello
Anyone has the solution for the parallel problem in Studio 2011?

The settings are not exactly the same as in 2009. It is a serious defect in the program and SDL does not seem to be willing to to a thing.

Best

Krzysztof Achinger  Identity Verified
Poland
Chinese to Polish
+ ...
Paul's solution worked for me May 13, 2012

I had to delete all three files but it eventually allowed me to open Trados. I am running it on Windows XP machine.

I got this error because I unintentionally turned off my PC while having project in Trados opened.

Dialogue UK
English
Any possible solutions in 2011? Mar 11, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

Hello Ognjenka,

Can you try following the instructions in this KB;

Troubleshooting Error Message: Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService' could not be started
http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2818&p=1

This should help you.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have been having the same issue with Trados Studio 2011. However the above suggested solution doesn't seem to be applicable to 2011. Could you help us find out how this could be resolved?

Many thanks in advance!

Maoge

Britta Weber  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Error message in Trados Studio 2011 Jul 25, 2013

Can anybody help me with this problem in Trados Studio 2011?

Thanks a lot!

Britta

Pamela Avalos
Chile
Local time: 06:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same error appearing in Trados 2011 Aug 27, 2013

Has anyone been able to fix this error in Trados 2011? If you have, can you please let us know about it? I've spent hours following the troubleshooting guide offered by the SDL wepage, with no results. I have uninstalled and reinstalled SP2 numerous times. I reported the error to Trados, but they will take at least THREE business days to answer!!! If anyone can fix this, I would really appreciate your help.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
By troubleshooting guide... Aug 27, 2013

... did you mean this :

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=2818&source=article&c=12&cid=23

If not, then give it a try, if you tried this already, or if it doesn't help, use the solution finder to log a support case. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message when opening or using the program.
-- The error occurs in SDL Trados Studio 2011

Then complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Regards

Paul

PS. Meant to add that where the paths clearly don't go to a Studio 2011 related folder then find the equivalent 2011 one.

[Edited at 2013-08-27 18:15 GMT]

Natasha Jankovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Member (2007)
English to Serbian
+ ...
A solution that works on my Windows 7 Professional Oct 17, 2013

As a rule problems arise in a midst of huge projects with a tight deadline. Apart from giving my best to deliver a project in time I had to fix this technical issue. After trying all possible solutions: re- installation, deleting those three files ....the solution that works on my Windows 7 is following:

Partition C - Users - USER NAME - My documents - Studio 2011. Just rename Studio 2011 into Studio 2011-old, for example.

I still miss old Trados which ran smoothly for years with no problem at all. It had less options than this new modern Studio Trados, but sometimes less is more.

PapagenoX
Local time: 01:48
Can someone please post a fix for this in Studio 2011? Feb 4, 2014

Please, someone, post a fix for this for Studio 2011. The path given in the knowledgebase is wrong for Studio 2011 (it's meant for 2009) and the file it tells me to delete is not even found by Windows 7 Professional 64-bit's search function.

--José AKA PapagenoX

[Edited at 2014-02-04 18:33 GMT]

Language & Culture Worldwide  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:48
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem with Studio 2014 P2 Feb 18, 2015

We are having the same problem as José. The path given in the knowledgebase is incorrect for Studio 2014 (it's meant for 2009) and the file to be deleted is not found by Windows 7. Any other solutions? Maria

Georgie Scott  Identity Verified
France
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
This just worked for me Aug 13, 2015

Natasha Jankovic wrote:

As a rule problems arise in a midst of huge projects with a tight deadline. Apart from giving my best to deliver a project in time I had to fix this technical issue. After trying all possible solutions: re- installation, deleting those three files ....the solution that works on my Windows 7 is following:

Partition C - Users - USER NAME - My documents - Studio 2011. Just rename Studio 2011 into Studio 2011-old, for example.

I still miss old Trados which ran smoothly for years with no problem at all. It had less options than this new modern Studio Trados, but sometimes less is more.

But now I'm not sure if I have to reopen all my projects to be able to see them as they were in studio...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error at opening: "Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService."

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search