studio 2009 - word 2007
Thread poster: Tamara Fantinato

Tamara Fantinato
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 30, 2010

Hi everyone, I've just bought studio and I've got a problem with word 2007, which is:

- I open the file in word, on the toolbar I select SDL TRADOS and I got all trados' commands, when I try to select any of them I obtain the following message of Microsoft Virtual Basic "Numero errato di argomenti o assegnazione di proprietà non valida".

Sorry for the message in Italian but I don't know what's the correspondent message in the English version of Microsoft Office.

Thanks

Best regards

TAmara

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:13
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
I don't know the answer to your problem Jun 30, 2010

but I'm sure someone will be able to help out here.

I was just wondering why you are using Trados Workbench in Word at all.
If you've got Studio 2009, open your word doc in Studio. It's much more stable (no font changes, no problems with tables) and much more user friendly.

Why not give it a try now, especially as you've got a problem with Word/workbench.

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 22:13
English to Portuguese
Reinstall Office and Trados... Jul 1, 2010

Hello

All problems I've had that showed similar messages (from Visual Basic for Applications, macro scripts etc.) were solved uninstalling Trados, then MS Office. After that, reinstall MS Office, go to Windows Update and install all patches and Service Packs for Office. Then you install Trados.

The problem should be gone.

Rgds

Edric

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:13
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sorry to ask you, but... Jul 1, 2010

Are you trying to translate your MS Word file direclty from MS word? Perhaps the following solutions are too obvious for someone who is already using translation memories, but just in case.

If you are going to translate a MS Word doc using Studio, first you must open the MS Word file from inside Studio (and, previously, to create a Translation Memory).

If you are going to translate it directly using Workbench, I do recommend first to open Workbench and to create a Translation Memory.

Regards

Clarisa

Gianfranco Zecchino  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:13
German to Italian
+ ...
Link to solution on another ProZ thread - No reinstalling necesssary Apr 1, 2012

Though quite some time has passed since this thread was started, I'm writing just in case someone might look for a solution and stumble upon this discussion.
In the thread http://eng.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/96631-error_450_wrong_number_of_arguments_or_invalid_property_assignment.html there's a link to a page from the SDL Support containing a procedure to solve the problem.
In my case, the procedure alone did help but didn't solve everything. What DID work was a further step: I erased the Trados8.dot file from the Word Startup directory and only left Trados8.dotm.
So, there's no need to reinstall Word and Trados. Phewww!
Hope this helpsicon_smile.gif

Regards,

Gianfranco

[Modificato alle 2012-04-01 17:53 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

studio 2009 - word 2007

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search