studio 2009 - word 2007
Thread poster: Tamara Fantinato

Tamara Fantinato
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 30, 2010

Hi everyone, I've just bought studio and I've got a problem with word 2007, which is:

- I open the file in word, on the toolbar I select SDL TRADOS and I got all trados' commands, when I try to select any of them I obtain the following message of Microsoft Virtual Basic "Numero errato di argomenti o assegnazione di proprietà non valida".

Sorry for the message in Italian but I don't know what's the correspondent message in the English version of Microsoft Office.

Thanks

Best regards

TAmara

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:54
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
I don't know the answer to your problem Jun 30, 2010

but I'm sure someone will be able to help out here.

I was just wondering why you are using Trados Workbench in Word at all.
If you've got Studio 2009, open your word doc in Studio. It's much more stable (no font changes, no problems with tables) and much more user friendly.

Why not give it a try now, especially as you've got a problem with Word/workbench.

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 19:54
English to Portuguese
Reinstall Office and Trados... Jul 1, 2010

Hello

All problems I've had that showed similar messages (from Visual Basic for Applications, macro scripts etc.) were solved uninstalling Trados, then MS Office. After that, reinstall MS Office, go to Windows Update and install all patches and Service Packs for Office. Then you install Trados.

The problem should be gone.

Rgds

Edric

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:54
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sorry to ask you, but... Jul 1, 2010

Are you trying to translate your MS Word file direclty from MS word? Perhaps the following solutions are too obvious for someone who is already using translation memories, but just in case.

If you are going to translate a MS Word doc using Studio, first you must open the MS Word file from inside Studio (and, previously, to create a Translation Memory).

If you are going to translate it directly using Workbench, I do recommend first to open Workbench and to create a Translation Memory.

Regards

Clarisa

Gianfranco Zecchino  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:54
German to Italian
+ ...
Link to solution on another ProZ thread - No reinstalling necesssary Apr 1, 2012

Though quite some time has passed since this thread was started, I'm writing just in case someone might look for a solution and stumble upon this discussion.
In the thread http://eng.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/96631-error_450_wrong_number_of_arguments_or_invalid_property_assignment.html there's a link to a page from the SDL Support containing a procedure to solve the problem.
In my case, the procedure alone did help but didn't solve everything. What DID work was a further step: I erased the Trados8.dot file from the Word Startup directory and only left Trados8.dotm.
So, there's no need to reinstall Word and Trados. Phewww!
Hope this helps

Regards,

Gianfranco

[Modificato alle 2012-04-01 17:53 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

studio 2009 - word 2007

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search