Moving up and down Trados 2007
Thread poster: Lidia Morejudo

Lidia Morejudo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 1, 2010

Sorry, if the question is too basic, but I'm new to Trados and trying to "teach myself". When I do translations it seems quite easy to move forward to the next translation unit. However if I make a mistake I can't seem to be able to go up to change the translation. I have to close the file, open it again, and work my way down to where the mistake was. I am sure there is a direct way to access a translation line, but when I try clicking on a translation line that has already been closed I can't modify it.
In Wordfast it seems much easier, just you can move up and down however you want!

Direct link Reply with quote

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:05
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Close Open Jul 1, 2010

Close your current segment, take the cursor to the segment you wish to change and open it again, make your change, close the segment. Return to the segment you were about to translate when you decided to go back. If you follow this method the next time you open a 100% matching segment the translation appearing will be the one with the change incorporated.

If you work with hidden text visible, just go to the segment you wish to change and make your changes in the target text, being careful not to mess the Trados codes, and return to where you were. If you follow this method the next time you open a 100% matching segment the translation appearing will be the first one you did, so you will have to incorporate the same change.

My advice: No one should attempt to use Trados without having at least an idea of how it works. It is a complex application. Read the manuals, do the tutorials, search the Web for other tutorials, exercises, and simplified manuals. The way to learn how to use it is not doing live translations. Anything could go wrong and deadlines missed, to say the least.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moving up and down Trados 2007

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search