Analysing a word document
Thread poster: Isabel Conde

Isabel Conde  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 2, 2010

Could someone tell me how to analyse a file? I did it successfully a couple of times and for some reason I can't do it now. I need to complete the whole process to perform a Cat Count.

Thank you in advance,

Isabel

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:37
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Workbench Jul 2, 2010

You haven't said which version of Trados you are using, but, if you've got Workbench, open a TM, go to tools>analyse. Add the file and that's it.

Or have you got Studio 2009?

Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It is Workbench Jul 2, 2010

Yes, Emma, that's the way I did it, but for some reason there is no communication with Cat Count.
Cat Count doesn't recognize the file and it is asking for a .csv file to do its job.

May be I have to contact the Cat Count company instead.

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

Best regards,

Isabel

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:37
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
new log file? Jul 3, 2010

Aren't you even getting a log file after analysing your doc? That's all you need. I'd never heard of Cat Count before and I've just looked it up, but even if there's a problem there, Workbench will do the analysis without this app.

How about trying to delete your old log file and then create a new one?
Just an idea.

Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cat Count and analysing a document in Workbench Jul 6, 2010

Hi Emma,

Sorry for the delay in my answer.

Cat Count does the math of how much we can charge for a job instead of using a calculator. I did it a few times and had no problems, but now I can't do it. I already contact them and I'll keep you posted about their answer.
Cat Count has a free download in case you are interest:

http://www.anycount.com/

Yes, the log file is there, it appears in a Notepad format. However, I have the idea that when my instructor was teaching me this, I use to have an Excel file as well. Workbench gives you one, or I just dreamed about it?

Nice to talk to you once again.

Best regards,

Isabel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Analysing a word document

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search