The Trados menu doesn't appear
Thread poster: JPaul ROSETO

JPaul ROSETO
Local time: 04:43
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
Jul 4, 2010

Translator's Workbench opened with a memory opened, when I click in the Trados menu with Word 2002, The Trados menu doesn't appear. I precise I have Windows 7 (64 bit). I haven't found anything in SDL support. Thanks for help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Do a search in the fora! Jul 4, 2010

This has been discussed about 20 times in the past. Please do a search in the fora before asking again! Good luck!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Try these KB Article Jul 4, 2010

Jean-Paul ROSETO wrote:

Translator's Workbench opened with a memory opened, when I click in the Trados menu with Word 2002, The Trados menu doesn't appear. I precise I have Windows 7 (64 bit). I haven't found anything in SDL support. Thanks for help.

Hi Jean-Paul,

I'm not sure where you looked, or if you found these and they didn't help, You can also try these articles;

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1466&p=1

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1550&p=1

There are others, and as Tomás said, this has beenm discuyssed a lot in this forum so you'll probably find a lot more by searching the forum.

Regards

Paul

JPaul ROSETO
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
when I click on "Trados" near "fenêtre, ?' nothing appears Jul 4, 2010

On the top of a Word 2002 page in the French France version, it appears :
Fichier, édition, affichage, insertion, format, outils, tableau, fenêtre, ?, Trados.
My problem is when I click on "Trados" nothing appears. The solutions proposed previously didn't fix anything.
Near "aide pour Microsoft" (help for Microsoft), there is a red key, when I click on it, the red buttons appears without any problem my problem is for the "Trados" near "?".

I hope this time I am clear.

and thanks for help

United Kingdom
English
What version are you using? Jul 4, 2010

Hello Jean-Paul,

You have W7 64-bit, pretty new, and Word 2002, pretty old. What version of Trados are you using?

Regards

Paul

JPaul ROSETO
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 2007 Jul 4, 2010

I am using Trados 2007

JPaul ROSETO
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
the other problem I have now is Jul 4, 2010

it is that when I open translation memory and start translating on the yellow segment, Word 2002 immediately closes and I cannot continue to work with Trados.
Thanks for help

United Kingdom
English
Reinstall? Jul 4, 2010

Hi Jean-Paul,

Thanks, I presume you are also on version SDLTrados 2007 Suite build 863? Earlier versions may have problems on 64-bit machines - http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1582&p=1

I also found this article and it may help. There is some useful links to the Microsoft KB for template problems with Word 2002.

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2407&p=1

I don't know what else to suggest at the moment but I think if it was me (and I didn't want a new Office and new Trados version to go with my new W7 64-bit) then I would try uninstalling Trados and Word. Then reinstall Word first and Trados second.

Regards

Paul

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Do you use Adobe Acrobat? Jul 4, 2010

Jean-Paul ROSETO wrote:

On the top of a Word 2002 page in the French France version, it appears :
Fichier, édition, affichage, insertion, format, outils, tableau, fenêtre, ?, Trados.
My problem is when I click on "Trados" nothing appears. The solutions proposed previously didn't fix anything.
Near "aide pour Microsoft" (help for Microsoft), there is a red key, when I click on it, the red buttons appears without any problem my problem is for the "Trados" near "?".

I hope this time I am clear.

and thanks for help

Hi, Jean-Paul,

Do you use Adobe Acrobat Professional? Do you have a "PDF Maker" menu in Word?

There are some incompatibilities between Adobe Acrobat and Trados. If you use Adobe Acrobat, that might be the reason of this problem.

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Trados menu doesn't appear

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 for €415/$495 with free eLearning
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 For this month only – receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 - Getting Started eLearning for FREE.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search