Netherlands
Local time: 12:48
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I don't see that option Jul 8, 2010

Mauricio Zoch wrote:
Notice that you have a new option at the moment of download a file on localization. You can choose download .xlf extension with a properly format to use on Trados now.

I don't see that option, no. I only see the three XLIFF options (Trados, Wordfast and Metatexis), and from there onwards I'm not asked for a file extension (unless I'm not looking properly).

Samuel

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Confirmed Jul 8, 2010

And the downloaded files are .XML, not .XLF

Mauricio Zoch
Mauricio Zoch  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:48
English to Turkish
+ ...
Re: I don't see that option Jul 8, 2010

Samuel Murray wrote:

Mauricio Zoch wrote:
Notice that you have a new option at the moment of download a file on localization. You can choose download .xlf extension with a properly format to use on Trados now.

I don't see that option, no. I only see the three XLIFF options (Trados, Wordfast and Metatexis), and from there onwards I'm not asked for a file extension (unless I'm not looking properly).

Samuel

If you choose "XLIFF for Trados" you will get the .xlf file to use in Trados.
The other two options are .xml files.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Mauricio Jul 8, 2010

It looks like something is still wrong. At least when I am trying to download the Trados XLIFF (that is selected by default), the system prompts me to save an .XML file.

?

Thanks,
Natalia

Mauricio Zoch
Argentina
English to Turkish
+ ...
Opera Jul 8, 2010

Natalie wrote:

It looks like something is still wrong. At least when I am trying to download the Trados XLIFF (that is selected by default), the system prompts me to save an .XML file.

?

Thanks,
Natalia

Looks like the problem is Opera browser, opera rewrite the extension to xml because the content of the file is xml... i will try to fix this problem. (Meanwhile you can use firefox to download a file if you need it, or just rename it to .xlf)

Best regards,
Mauricio

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I'm using Opera Jul 8, 2010

Mauricio Zoch wrote:
Looks like the problem is Opera browser, opera rewrite the extension to xml because the content of the file is xml...

Yes, I'm also using Opera. It would never have occurred to me that the browser is the reason why the XLF file comes out as XML.

==

Wait, after about 5 minutes Opera can now download XLF files. Did you do something in the past 5 minutes on your side that would do that?

Mauricio Zoch
Argentina
English to Turkish
+ ...
Yes Jul 8, 2010

Samuel Murray wrote:

Wait, after about 5 minutes Opera can now download XLF files. Did you do something in the past 5 minutes on your side that would do that?

Yes, i changed the download code to avoid the Opera problem. Thanks for the confirmation. (And thanks Natalia too!)

If you get any other problem just let me know!

Best regards,
Mauricio

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com's l10n files don't open in Trados 2009

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »