Studio setup wizard appears instead of Studio
Thread poster: xxxMarkAlexande
xxxMarkAlexande
Local time: 04:02
Jul 7, 2010

I like Studio. I really do. But I'm starting to see it's not just forum chatter -- the program is unstable. And I don't like "crossing my fingers and hoping for the best" every time I open it.

This morning, when I clicked on the TRADOS icon to start the program, the setup wizard appeared in place of the program itself. Out of nowhere. As if I had never installed. It's true, my internet service was out at the time. That shouldn't have any effect. It certainly shouldn't initiate the setup routine. It's even outside possible that another program had demanded a newer version of the Java runtime. But that shouldn't have any effect, either. I don't know what other straw to grasp at. MultiTerm runs fine.

But I'm frozen, in spite of a translation due at 4 PM today. If I allow the setup procedure to go ahead, in addition to losing all of my settings – which, frankly, I'm getting tired of losing – maybe the interesting TRADOS licensing procedure will catch me up and I'll end up like the unfortunate individual in Italy I read about on this board. Or maybe someone knows a workaround I can use so that I don't have to go through the entire installation process once again. In any event, I'd be curious to know where the files containing my settings are, so that I can at least drop them into the appropriate directory, if I’m going to have to go through this process on a regular basis, and thereby save myself the trouble of choosing five languages and starting from scratch each time.

Any help or ideas would be most welcome

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio setup wizard appears instead of Studio

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search