InDesign CS2 crashes when opening INX file translated using Trados 2007 w/ InDesign filter hotfix
Thread poster: Jan Neersoe
Jan Neersoe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:24
Member (2004)
English to German
Jul 7, 2010

I was wondering if anybody else has run into the same problem and has some more insight; if not, at least the below description might save other people some time troubleshooting. I didn't see any info in the SDL knowledge base or this forum on this.

I had been translating INX files for a client using InDesign CS2 in Trados 2007. This had worked fine until I recently installed the cumulative hotfix for the InDesign filter ( http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/articleDirect/index.aspx?aid=1893&r=0.0295139 ) so as to be able to process files from some other clients using later InDesign versions. Afterwards, clients using CS2 weren't able to open my translated INX files anymore because InDesign kept crashing trying to open the file. No amount of tag checking etc. solved the problem.

Solution: Revert the hotfix for the InDesign filter by replacing the three hotfix files with the original ones (hopefully you were careful enough to keep them). Afterwards, CS2 was able to open the translated INX files again.

Direct link Reply with quote

TargamaT  Identity Verified
Syria
Local time: 00:24
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
I had this problem with CS2... Jul 7, 2010

I deactivated the used fonts and let InD work with the default fonts and it was OK for me...

Freundliche Grüsse aus die CH...

OR

[Edited at 2010-07-07 12:22 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-07-07 12:23 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

InDesign CS2 crashes when opening INX file translated using Trados 2007 w/ InDesign filter hotfix

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search