Thread poster: Myriam Garcia Bernabe
Myriam Garcia Bernabe
Myriam Garcia Bernabe  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:41
English to Spanish
Jan 19, 2004

Hi

I was working on a file that is due tomorrow morning and my TM has frozen my file. I am unable to close the existing open translation unit and therefore I cannot move on. I seem to get a visual basic error.

Any ideas will be most welcome as I might risk a whole sleepless night since the agency want the job in a bilingual TM file.

Thanks
Myriam

[Edited at 2004-01-19 00:17]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:41
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Jan 19, 2004

Hi Myriam,
Please note that I have moved your posting to Trados Support.

I was working on a file that is due tomorrow morning and my TM has frozen my file.

I assume you're working on a Word file - which version of Word do you use? While we're at it - which version of Workbench?

I am unable to close the existing open translation unit and therefore I cannot move on. I seem to get a visual basic error.

Can you provide more details on any error messages you get?

A couple of things to try:

- Try using the Fix Document command in the Trados menu.

- Create a copy of the original file and try to replicate the behaviour on the sentence where it appeared. If you get the same error, there's a chance of a problem in the source document.

- If you can isolate the problem in this way, a workaround (given that you don't have time for troubleshooting, really...) is to re-translate the document. With your TM, this should take less time than desperately trying to rectify the issue. To prevent the Translate to fuzzy process running into the suspect segment, enter "XYZ" into the preceding segment.

HTH... good luck!
Ralf

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:41
English to German
+ ...
Try TW_users Jan 19, 2004

Hi again,
You may also cross-post your query at TW_users (have a look at their archives first).

Best, Ralf

Myriam Garcia Bernabe
Myriam Garcia Bernabe  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:41
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted! Jan 19, 2004

Thanks, the file was saved and sent to the clients on time, phew!

Long live the support from Proz
Myriam

[Edited at 2004-01-19 08:35]

German Hernandez
German Hernandez  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
Can´t close my translation unit Dec 14, 2007

I ha d this problem, when I tried to close Word 2003 it said that a TU was opened. I messed it when working, I did something normal in word, like hitting ENTER or whatever, anyway, after that I couldn´t move on. Finally today I saw this forum and I found and answer:

Go to Workbench, view, tag text and i unmarked it and that was it, I could close my files and start working all aver, of course I had already deleted the TM with all its files, I had to winalign it but, those files (mos
... See more
I ha d this problem, when I tried to close Word 2003 it said that a TU was opened. I messed it when working, I did something normal in word, like hitting ENTER or whatever, anyway, after that I couldn´t move on. Finally today I saw this forum and I found and answer:

Go to Workbench, view, tag text and i unmarked it and that was it, I could close my files and start working all aver, of course I had already deleted the TM with all its files, I had to winalign it but, those files (most are tables) have weird things in them. Thank you for your ideas.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT HELP stuck with trados TM

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »