Thread poster: Viktor_Panch
Viktor_Panch
Viktor_Panch
Local time: 10:53
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 11, 2010

Hi everybody!
Recently I installed SDL Trados Studio 2009 (on Windows XP SP3, 32-bit). Everything was perfect until I tried to create termbase in MultiTerm 2009. After trying to indicate the path to the Template, there was window pop up "Cannot Open Termbases" with the phrase:
"This termbase cannot be opened because it has been created with an unsupported version of MultiTerm".
What can I do in this case?
As for Java plug-in, I disabled the function "Enable the next
... See more
Hi everybody!
Recently I installed SDL Trados Studio 2009 (on Windows XP SP3, 32-bit). Everything was perfect until I tried to create termbase in MultiTerm 2009. After trying to indicate the path to the Template, there was window pop up "Cannot Open Termbases" with the phrase:
"This termbase cannot be opened because it has been created with an unsupported version of MultiTerm".
What can I do in this case?
As for Java plug-in, I disabled the function "Enable the next generation Java plug-in" in Java Settings in the Control Panel (this was important for Multiterm 2007).

Does anybody have suggestions how to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
MT SP4 8 unsupported in Trados 2009 SP3?? Dec 11, 2011

Viktor_Panch wrote:

there was window pop up "Cannot Open Termbases" with the phrase:

I have received a similar message. I need my terminology and cannot open it.

I am trying to use MT SP4 8.5.345.0 with Trados Studio SP3 9.1.2297.8

Is there any solution?

[Edited at 2011-12-11 11:00 GMT]

Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:53
Italian to English
I have had this problem, too Dec 11, 2011

But only since installing Studio 2011. This happens with 2011 but I can still use my termbases in 2009. This is one reason I am still using the old version. Have started using the new version only for projects for which I have no previous termbase.

Will be very, very interested in how you resolve this problem.
Eileen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with MultiTerm 2009 Termbase

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »