changing field values of multiple segments TRADOS 2009
Thread poster: Dawid Mazela, MA, MCIL

Dawid Mazela, MA, MCIL  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:39
Member (2008)
English to Polish
Jul 12, 2010

Is it possible to change field values of multiple segments at the same time? When I try to do it, TRADOS changes only the first field selected. On the other hand, I have no problems at all with selecting multiple segments to mark them for deletion.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Use Batch Edit Jul 12, 2010

Hello Dawid,
this is what Batch Edit is for.
First create a filter to display all the units to apply the changes to. Then click the Batch Edit icon and set up the batch edit conditions.

Dawid Mazela, MA, MCIL  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2008)
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 13, 2010

It's not what I really hoped for, but it's good to know that SDL didn't even bother to implement such a basic function as multiple selection.

[Edited at 2010-07-13 10:12 GMT]

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
IMO Jul 13, 2010

Well, in my opinion the Batch Edit feature is very handy, especially if the segments you want to edit are scattered among several pages of the TM View.

Just an opinion though...

Lotte Bulckens  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Where is Batch Edit icon? Mar 13, 2013

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hello Dawid,
this is what Batch Edit is for.
First create a filter to display all the units to apply the changes to. Then click the Batch Edit icon and set up the batch edit conditions.

And where exactly is the Batch Edit icon...? I have gone over all the icons and can't find it...

Lotte Bulckens  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Batch Edit only in Trados 2011, not in Trados 2009? Mar 13, 2013

I have done some research and I believe the answer to my own question is simple: Trados 2009 does not have a Batch Edit icon. Trados 2011 on the other hand does have it...

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
I don't think so... Mar 13, 2013

... this thread was posted in 2010 before Studio 2011 was releasedicon_wink.gif

I don't have 2009 installed so can't give you a screenshot. Maybe just use File -> Batch Edit if you need it and can't see the icon?

Regards

Paul

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
batch edit icon Mar 13, 2013

Lotte Bulckens wrote:

Trados 2009 does not have a Batch Edit icon.

Here it is (screenshot from Studio 2009):

Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:39
English to Spanish
Batch Edit is found in the Translation Memory view Mar 13, 2013

Lotte Bulckens wrote:

Batch Edit only in Trados 2011, not in Trados 2009?

I have done some research and I believe the answer to my own question is simple: Trados 2009 does not have a Batch Edit icon. Trados 2011 on the other hand does have it...

Hi Lotte,

I do not know if this answers your question, but Batch Edit is a function found in the Translation Memory view. And, as Paul and Emma have mentioned on this thread, it is in both versions of Studio, 2011 and 2009.

Also, I do not know if this is the standard behavior, but in my installation, only if I have a TM open I can see the icon available (and the the entire Maintenance toobar), although I have access to the command under the File menu, as Paul said, even if I do not have any TM open, only highlighting the TM name on the left side pane.

The command is also available if you right-click on the TM name.

[Edited at 2013-03-13 22:15 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

changing field values of multiple segments TRADOS 2009

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search