Thread poster: Hans-Gerhard Leppert

Hans-Gerhard Leppert  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:59
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Jul 12, 2010

Can anybody please tell me how to run an analysis of customer-given itd files with SDLX 2006?
I tried to run the analysis wizard, but it doesn't seem to work... My SDLX knowledge is quite limited.
Thanks in advance

Hans

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:59
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Impossible in Standard version Jul 12, 2010

It only works for a week or 2 after you first install SDLX, because it runs as the Professional. Later, it downgrades itself to SDLX Standard, and you can't run Analysis any longer. Which is a horrible idea. What you can do is convert ITD's into TTX and analyse those in Trados, but the results will be different, because apparently SDLX counts internal fuzzy matches. The total wordcount should be roughly similar.

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:59
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Statistik Jul 13, 2010

Hello Hans-Gerhard,
when I get itd-files, the customer tells me the number of untranslated words from the Statistics-function, and the rates are based on this information. That is why I like itd-files better than Trados-jobs, no reductions for fuzzy matches and simple price-calculation.

Regards
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Analysis in SDLX

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search