Cannot open package on SDL Trados 2009 (.sdlppx)
Thread poster: Ana P Carvalho

Ana P Carvalho  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 13, 2010

My client has sent me a .sdlppx file and when I try to open and import I get an error message. Am I doing something wrong?

This is the error message I get:
Error creating object with name 'FileTypeInformation' defined in 'file [C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\86d07e77-00fb-4399-b901-cb2338382d95\File Types\SDLXLIFF.sdlfiletype]' : Initialization of object failed : Cannot resolve type [Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.FileTypeDefinitionId, Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core] for object with name '(inner object)' defined in file [C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\86d07e77-00fb-4399-b901-cb2338382d95\File Types\SDLXLIFF.sdlfiletype]

Any light on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Ana

[Edited at 2010-07-13 11:33 GMT]

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 12:47
French to German
+ ...
Packages are not fully compatible between versions of Studio Jul 14, 2010

Ana

It sounds as if you became a victim of an incompatibility. Project packages are not entirely compatible between versions of Studio. For instance, you may not be able to import a package created in SP2 on an SP1 installation.

I suggest you check which version of Studio you and the creator of the package have and upgrade accordingly.

Walter

Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 14, 2010

Thanks, Walter.
My version is SP1. I will check with my client. Maybe you are right!

Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cannot update? Jul 14, 2010

Hi Walter

I am trying to update my version to SP2 from the sdl website but link posted does not seem to have a valid file because when I download, it says the file is corrupted and cannot continue.

Whats wrong?

Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Issue solved Jul 15, 2010

Hi Walter

SP2 installed. Now, the importing issue was solved as well. I changed the path to C:/L (one letter) and the package name to one letter. It opened fine. I also tried to save the target of one file and it worked. The translatable file names are too long, but I was told to keep them as they are. I hope this does not cause me any more problems.

Thanks a million,
Ana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open package on SDL Trados 2009 (.sdlppx)

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search