Cannot open package on SDL Trados 2009 (.sdlppx)
Thread poster: Ana P Carvalho

Ana P Carvalho  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 13, 2010

My client has sent me a .sdlppx file and when I try to open and import I get an error message. Am I doing something wrong?

This is the error message I get:
Error creating object with name 'FileTypeInformation' defined in 'file [C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\86d07e77-00fb-4399-b901-cb2338382d95\File Types\SDLXLIFF.sdlfiletype]' : Initialization of object failed : Cannot resolve type [Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.FileTypeDefinitionId, Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core] for object with name '(inner object)' defined in file [C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\86d07e77-00fb-4399-b901-cb2338382d95\File Types\SDLXLIFF.sdlfiletype]

Any light on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Ana

[Edited at 2010-07-13 11:33 GMT]

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 22:18
French to German
+ ...
Packages are not fully compatible between versions of Studio Jul 14, 2010

Ana

It sounds as if you became a victim of an incompatibility. Project packages are not entirely compatible between versions of Studio. For instance, you may not be able to import a package created in SP2 on an SP1 installation.

I suggest you check which version of Studio you and the creator of the package have and upgrade accordingly.

Walter

Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 14, 2010

Thanks, Walter.
My version is SP1. I will check with my client. Maybe you are right!

Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cannot update? Jul 14, 2010

Hi Walter

I am trying to update my version to SP2 from the sdl website but link posted does not seem to have a valid file because when I download, it says the file is corrupted and cannot continue.

Whats wrong?

Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Issue solved Jul 15, 2010

Hi Walter

SP2 installed. Now, the importing issue was solved as well. I changed the path to C:/L (one letter) and the package name to one letter. It opened fine. I also tried to save the target of one file and it worked. The translatable file names are too long, but I was told to keep them as they are. I hope this does not cause me any more problems.

Thanks a million,
Ana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open package on SDL Trados 2009 (.sdlppx)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search