Thread poster: Grzegorz Gryc

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:56
French to Polish
+ ...
Jul 13, 2010

Hi

Just for info.

As I switched definitively to MT 2009, I don't longer use MT 2007 in normal scenarios but this time I was forced to make a step back.

The SideBySide tool puts the Multiterm template in the global Program Files etc. folder.
It's an obvious error, the file should be put in the private Documents and Settings or Users hierarchy.
In the same way, SideBySide is unable to deactivate the MT 2009 template the MT guys put by default in the private directory... LOL...

How many time should we wait for a proper coding in the rotten Multiterm kingdom?
The poor guys don't even know where they put their files...

Cheers
GG

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
On the SidebySide Tools Jul 13, 2010

Hi Grzegorz,

I believe this is put in the templates directory for reference, so it's available if the automatic installation fails. The installer should also put it in the proper folder in documents and settings.

If you have a problem with the operation of this perhaps it's linked to you not being able to find the template? In our testing the templates are correctly switched so if there is a bug we can investigate it.

Regards

Paul

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Do the Multibug guys really test their software in more than one ideal scenario? Jul 14, 2010

SDL Support wrote:

I believe this is put in the templates directory for reference, so it's available if the automatic installation fails. The installer should also put it in the proper folder in documents and settings.

Decidely, SidebySide saves the Multiterm 7 template in the Program files, in the legacy OFFICE11\STARTUP location (I use Office 2003 aka 11).
This is an error in the design, you may experience strange problems due to the access rights.
The private directory is safer.

If you have a problem with the operation of this perhaps it's linked to you not being able to find the template?

Have you ever seen my screaming post kinda "my Trados toolbar is gone"?

In our testing the templates are correctly switched so if there is a bug we can investigate it.

I suppose you have a problem with machines with several accounts.
It works well on the "Administrator" account but when I use an (administrative) account with a different name, the MT8 activation procedure fails.

IMO it works OK only on the account used for the Multiterm setup.
Tested on two machines.
LOL.

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2010-07-14 10:32 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Side by Side Multiterm template mess...

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search