SDL Trados 7 Freelance: The system cannot find the specified path.
Thread poster: Susana Budai

Susana Budai  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 00:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 17, 2010

Hello everybody, I am translating a word document with Trados, and when I use the concordance feature, the workbench only retrieves my segments, otherwise it displays a message saying that the system cannot find the specified path. I am afraid that I am having no access to the segments originally loaded in the TM.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thank you very much,

Susana

Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:01
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Check your settings Jul 18, 2010

In Workbench, go to Options, Translation Memory Options, and select the Concordance tab. See if you have a Reference (read-only) translation memory specified there. If yes, maybe that is the cause of the problem, if that file does not exist or had been moved.
See also whether the "Search first in reference translation memory" option is checked.

Katalin

Susana Budai  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 00:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Trados 7 Freelance: The system cannot find the specified path. Jul 18, 2010

In Workbench, go to Options, Translation Memory Options, and select the Concordance tab. See if you have a Reference (read-only) translation memory specified there. If yes, maybe that is the cause of the problem, if that file does not exist or had been moved.
See also whether the "Search first in reference translation memory" option is checked.

Katalin [/quote]

Hi Katalin, thank you so much. That was precisely what happened. I am using a TM provided by the customer, and unfortunately the workbench kept a reference translation memory from a previous job, which as you very well explain, has been moved.

Problem solved!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 7 Freelance: The system cannot find the specified path.

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search