Thread poster: Hélène Curtis

Hélène Curtis  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:59
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Jul 18, 2010

I get an error message when trying to save to inx target file.

It reads as follows:

"Resource (tag) with ID ' has been inserted or modified at Control ID '

Can anybody tell me how to fix the problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:59
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Was the file edited on a different computer? Jul 18, 2010

When I get this message, the INX.TTX file has always been processed elsewehere.
The INX process is a very sensitive one - it is enough to install a patch on one computer and not on another to get it stuck.
In your case you either will have to retranslate the file from TM or use the ContextTM wizzard and TM to retranslate the file - the complete process must be done on one PC or on PCs with exactly the same version of software.
This is at least my experience

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Does the verification show any error? Jul 18, 2010

Did you run a Verify? Does it show this error. If it does, you will at least know in which segment it occurs and possibly be able to correct it.
If the Verify does not show any error and you can still not save as target, then I suggest that you start from scratch with the source file and translate to fuzzy.

As Jerzy correctly pointed out, tagged INX files are very sensitive to tag handling. The best workflow is to create the INX yourself and to control the entire process from there up to the generation of the target file and the reimport into InDesign.

Walter

Hélène Curtis  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:59
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
inx file Jul 18, 2010

Thank you to both of your for answering so quickly. I will forward your comments to the agency who sent me the work as I cannot create inx files. My query was in response to company asking me to send the clean file...they do have the unclean file...perhaps they can resolve the problem from there end.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
The creator of the TTX file should manage Jul 19, 2010

Indeed Trados is terribly picky about these things. Every time I have to translate an INX file, I ask the agency to send their TTX file instead of me creating one from the INX file. This way, at least they will be able to save the INX file.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You surely mean Trados can't get it right Jul 19, 2010

Jerzy Czopik wrote:
The INX process is a very sensitive one - it is enough to install a patch on one computer and not on another to get it stuck.
In your case you either will have to retranslate the file from TM or use the ContextTM wizzard and TM to retranslate the file - the complete process must be done on one PC or on PCs with exactly the same version of software.
This is at least my experience

It surprises me that you don't mention the word Trados only once in this message... when this is a Trados problem, not a problem caused by "...a very sensitive process". If Trados cannot get it right, other tools can.

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Metaeditor Jul 19, 2010

Walter Blaser wrote:

Did you run a Verify? Does it show this error. If it does, you will at least know in which segment it occurs and possibly be able to correct it.
If the Verify does not show any error and you can still not save as target, then I suggest that you start from scratch with the source file and translate to fuzzy.

In this way the error may be reintroduced.
I saw (few) files which could not be processed correctly in TagEditor while they were generated (pretranslated) correctly in Workbench.
So, probably the safest way to translate this kind of files, especially the big ones, is to pretlanslate (and presegment) in Workbench and use a metaeditor.
Personally, I use DVX or MQ but Trados Studio should do the job too.
Of course, every environment has it's pros and cons, e.g. the tag handling in DVX is abnormal for a typical Trados user.

[/quote]As Jerzy correctly pointed out, tagged INX files are very sensitive to tag handling. The best workflow is to create the INX yourself and to control the entire process from there up to the generation of the target file and the reimport into InDesign. [/quote]
The metaeditor approach permits a full portability, unlike in Trados.

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when saving to inx file

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search