error msg: "TM container may have been deleted"
Thread poster: vera73

vera73  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:28
English to Icelandic
+ ...
Jul 18, 2010

Has anyone using Trados Studio 2009 received the error message "The translation or TM container appears to be missing or may have been deleted" when confirming segments? Also when I try to save and close the file, I receive an error msg saying "Could not find [temp file directory]".

This job is due tomorrow, so I urgently need to fix this. Can anyone help? It would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:28
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Just had the same problem Jul 31, 2010

I took the precaution of "updating the main translation memories" (project>batch tasks) and then just restarted Studio and everything seems to be fine.

Silvia Barra (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Same for me Oct 12, 2010

Mark Nathan wrote:

I took the precaution of "updating the main translation memories" (project>batch tasks) and then just restarted Studio and everything seems to be fine.

I had that error message after leaving the PC in standby for about an hour (with Studio open on the project I'm working).

I did as Mark (update TM, close and restart Studio) and the problem is fixed.

Silvia

Maria Meneses  Identity Verified
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Update May 28, 2013

And how that update can be done?

Elena Woontner
United States
Local time: 17:28
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
The translation memory or its container... Apr 9, 2014

[quote]Silvia Barra wrote:

Mark Nathan wrote:

I had that error message after leaving the PC in standby for about an hour (with Studio open on the project I'm working).

I did as Mark (update TM, close and restart Studio) and the problem is fixed.

Silvia

This just happened to me in Studio 2014. Definitely, by now SDL should have taken care of this issue.

bmclaughlin3 (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
The translation memory or TM container Apr 21, 2014

I just experienced the same issue just now with SDL Trados Studio 2014 and confirm that by doing Batch Tasks --> Update Main Translation Memories and shutting down SDL Trados Studio 2014 entirely. When I reopened the project, it functions without any problem. Please note when you exit there is a dialog box that appears that asks if you want to reopen the file you are working on. Just click No to completely shut down the software.

Fiona Miles  Identity Verified
German to English
error message "TM container appears to be missing - thank you Feb 28, 2016

Thank you everyone on here. I have just followed your instructions on Trados Studio 2011 and it worked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error msg: "TM container may have been deleted"

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search