https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/176002-trados_suite_2007_import_pkg_%22this_translation_memory_does_not_contain_target_language_nnn%22.html

Trados Suite 2007 - Import pkg: "This translation memory does not contain target language NNN"
Thread poster: Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:54
English to Spanish
Jul 20, 2010

I work ouf of two locations. At the location at which I spend most of my day, I have Trados Suite 2007 Version 8.2.0.835 (upgrading is out of the question). One of my clients has Studio 2009.

This client prepares Synergy packages, and specifies Target language ES, sublanguage United States: ES-US (which the version at this location does not have).

Importing the package with Synergy fails and this message displays:
"This translation memory does not contain target
... See more
I work ouf of two locations. At the location at which I spend most of my day, I have Trados Suite 2007 Version 8.2.0.835 (upgrading is out of the question). One of my clients has Studio 2009.

This client prepares Synergy packages, and specifies Target language ES, sublanguage United States: ES-US (which the version at this location does not have).

Importing the package with Synergy fails and this message displays:
"This translation memory does not contain target language Spanish". I am almost sure it means target sublanguage US, because otherwise, how could I have been using the application for the last 2 years?

This error is not on SDL Knowledgebase. In addition, I asked SDL Support directly through Proz email but did not receive an answer.

I did "search and replace" ES-US with ES-ES, on the tmw and the ttx file received; created a new TM, and imported the txt after searching and replacing ES-US with ES-ES. Then, I attempted the import again. It still did not work. I also asked the client to please specify other sublanguage and resend the package but they did not.

If I select Export on the TM, I see that the Target language is [{null}].

No amount of research has produced any results or solutions. Back home I was having the same problem, but I was able to put in practice some ideas suggested by our good friend and colleague Jerzy Czopik, and find a way around it (which does not work at this location; maybe it is a matter of versions).

Does anyone know how to circumvent or solve this problem?

[Edited at 2010-07-20 18:45 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-07-20 18:47 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-07-20 19:04 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Suite 2007 - Import pkg: "This translation memory does not contain target language NNN"

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »