Version of SDL Trados 2007
Thread poster: areti k

areti k
Local time: 14:24
Jul 21, 2010

Hello,

When I install SDL Trados 2007 on a pc running on Windows 7, the version of tageditor and Workbench is 7.1.0.600 -(Build 863). Installing it on a pc running on Windows XP or Vista, the version is 8.3.0.863 - (Build 863).

Why does this happen?
I would like to know if tageditor running on Windows 7, is version 8.3.0.863 too.

Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:24
English to German
Windows 7 and 8.3.0.863 Jul 22, 2010

That's strange. I'm running Windows 7 and both Workbench and Tageditor are version 8.3.0.863 (Build 863).

It looks as if you didn't install the 863 patch on your Win 7 computer. You need to download and install "SDLTrados2007Suite_PRO_863_Patch.exe" (if you have a freelance licence, the file name might be slightly different).

HTH,
Stefan

areti k
Local time: 14:24
TOPIC STARTER
Windows 7 and 8.3.0.863 Jul 23, 2010

We have company registered license.
Unfortunately, I can't find the 863 patch on my account.

Any other suggestions?

Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:24
English to German
Purchased with Studio? Jul 23, 2010

Did you purchase the "stand-alone" Trados 2007 Suite (prior to the release of SDL Trados Studio 2009) or did you purchase Studio and got Trados 2007 that ships with it?

Anyway, I purchased both, and from my "Downloads" section in my SDL account, I can download the following files:

1. "SDL Trados 2007 Suite Professional"
Please refer to the SDL Trados 2007 Suite Professional Release Notes for more information.
File Name: SDLTrados2007Suite_PRO_863.exe

-> this is the version of Trados 2007 that ships with Studio. One would think that this file should be build 863. Strange if it isn't ...

2. "SDL Trados 2007 Suite Professional Patch"
This patch will update your existing installation of SDL Trados 2007 Professional SP2. To see what is new refer to SDL Trados 2007 Suite Professional What's New Release Notes.
File Name: SDLTrados2007Suite_PRO_863_Patch.exe

-> this is the patch I was talking about.

I'm afraid that's all I can say. Maybe SDL Support can help...

Best regards,
Stefan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Version of SDL Trados 2007

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search