Pascal Zotto  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 01:40
Member (2009)
Dutch to Letzeburgesch
+ ...
Jul 22, 2010

Hi.

The standard termbank I use every day started working and I get the error that it would be a termbank created with a version that is not supported by Multiterm, which is not true as it has been created with the latest version of Multiterm...

heeeelp...

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Any crystall balls at hand? Jul 22, 2010

Which Trados version?
Which Multiterm version?

Most probably you have Trados 2009 on your computer. You have upgraded your termbases to Multiterm 2009. In the meantime you've opened the MultiTerm 2007 program. Now you get the error message mentioned.
Well, this is a very true message and your termbase version does not match the MultiTerm version used. That's all.
In order to use MultiTerm 2009 go to Start, Programs, SDL ... and find "Side by Side tools". Run the "Activate SDL MultiTerm 2009" task.
This should help.
For the future avoid to use MultiTerm 2007 or remember to activate MT 2009 every time you used MT 2007.

Pascal Zotto  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2009)
Dutch to Letzeburgesch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
talking about latest version Jul 22, 2010

i guess it would be 2009? right? yes...

multiterm 2007 has not been used for ages and that does not explain why all the other termbanks still work. (NB which I had not mentionned in the 1st post ...)

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Latest version... Jul 22, 2010

Well, latest version ist just latest version, MT 2009 is a clear and unambiguous information.

If indeed other termbases do work, then it looks like that particular one has been corrupted for any reason.
Unfortunately I do not know any other plausible reason for what could have happened but just the one with MT 2007.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

standard termbank not working anymore

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search