Trados menu in Word disappears
Thread poster: Christine Tochtermann
Christine Tochtermann
Christine Tochtermann  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:00
English to German
+ ...
Jan 22, 2004

I am having a problem with the Trados menu in Word - it appears briefly when I start up Word and then disappears! My other 2 add-ins, Multiterm and Duden Korrektor appear o.k. All three appear and are checked in the Tools, Templates and Add-ins menu. I use Word 2000 with Windows 98SE, and have recently upgraded to Trados 6.5, but this didn't seem to fix the problem. Is there any other way of accessing the menu, as I need to use the "fix document" option?

Any ideas?? Any help would b
... See more
I am having a problem with the Trados menu in Word - it appears briefly when I start up Word and then disappears! My other 2 add-ins, Multiterm and Duden Korrektor appear o.k. All three appear and are checked in the Tools, Templates and Add-ins menu. I use Word 2000 with Windows 98SE, and have recently upgraded to Trados 6.5, but this didn't seem to fix the problem. Is there any other way of accessing the menu, as I need to use the "fix document" option?

Any ideas?? Any help would be much appreciated!

Christine
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:00
English to German
+ ...
Trados KB Jan 22, 2004

Hi Christine,
Have you seen this article from the Trados Knowledge Base?

If that doesn't rectify your problem, try deactivating the other two add-ins. I have a similar problem whenever the Acrobat 6.0 "PDFmaker" add-in is active - it simply suppresses the Trados menu.

HTH, Ralf

Christine Tochtermann
Christine Tochtermann  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:00
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jan 22, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Christine,
Have you seen this article from the Trados Knowledge Base?

If that doesn't rectify your problem, try deactivating the other two add-ins. I have a similar problem whenever the Acrobat 6.0 "PDFmaker" add-in is active - it simply suppresses the Trados menu.

HTH, Ralf

Deactivating the Duden Korrektor seems to do the trick - thank you!

Christine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados menu in Word disappears

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »