Thread poster: Nick Quaintmere
Nick Quaintmere
Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:29
German to English
+ ...
Jul 27, 2010

This has just happened in the middle of a translation. And it is - of course - my main TM.

The error messages that I am receiving are, as ever not particularly helpful.

If I try to open the TM in the Translation Memory view I get the message:

"An error occured when searching the memory. The TM may contain invalid translation units."

and when I click that away:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."... See more
This has just happened in the middle of a translation. And it is - of course - my main TM.

The error messages that I am receiving are, as ever not particularly helpful.

If I try to open the TM in the Translation Memory view I get the message:

"An error occured when searching the memory. The TM may contain invalid translation units."

and when I click that away:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

And if I try to export my data to a new .tmx file I get:

"The translation memory data file is corrupt."

Is there anything I can do to save this data and rebuild the file (short of re-importing every translation I've ever done, of course)??????

I would be eternally grateful for any help!
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
SQLite repair... Jul 27, 2010

Nick Quaintmere wrote:

(...)

Is there anything I can do to save this data and rebuild the file (short of re-importing every translation I've ever done, of course)??????

Try some of the SQLite repair utilities listed at:
http://sqlite.software.informer.com/download-sqlite-database-repair-utility/

Not tested.
Make a backup before you proceed.

Cheers
GG

Nick Quaintmere
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Database repair Jul 27, 2010

There's hundreds of them! I wouldn't know where to start! And will they process *.sdltm files?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
We can take a look? Jul 27, 2010

Hi Nick,

We don't see many of these now, so if you would like we can take a look at this for you. If you drop me an email to [email protected] then I'll give you a secure ftp to send the TM to.

I can't promise anything but we may be able to help as the developers have useful tools for repairing things like this.

I would not recommend self-fixing unless you are sure of what you are doing, or at least make su
... See more
Hi Nick,

We don't see many of these now, so if you would like we can take a look at this for you. If you drop me an email to [email protected] then I'll give you a secure ftp to send the TM to.

I can't promise anything but we may be able to help as the developers have useful tools for repairing things like this.

I would not recommend self-fixing unless you are sure of what you are doing, or at least make sure you take a copy to play with first as Grzegorz suggests..

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Nick Quaintmere
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update: File repaired by SDL Aug 3, 2010

Thanks to SDL for rescuing my TM.

I would also like to point out that this database corruption was by a sudden computer crash and was unrelated to Trados Studio itself.

See also this post from SDL:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/176533-backing_up_translation_memories.html

Fong-chyi Wen
Fong-chyi Wen  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 07:29
English to Chinese
I have this problem now Mar 12, 2014

Hi, Paul,

I have this problem now. I don't know why it happens, but I couldn't open one of my TMs. Can I send a message to the address you listed above and send my TM to your secure FTP to get it fixed? Thanks.

Regards,

Wen

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Sure... Mar 12, 2014

... mail me and we’ll see what we can do. No guarantees though as it depends how badly corrupted it is.

Regards

Paul

Celer
Celer
Spain
Same problem Oct 22, 2015

I have the same problem.

When I try to open my TM I have this error message:

An error occurred when searching the memory. The TM may contain invalid translation units.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks.
Regards.
Alberto.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009: Translation memory data file is corrupt

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »