Thread poster: Nathalie Warner

Nathalie Warner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:16
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
Jul 29, 2010

I have converted an excel 2003 file into excel 2007 without a problem. However, when I try to convert the excel spreadsheet into a readable Multiterm 2009 format I get a strange problem.

In step 5/9 Specify Column Header I get the usual 'Available column header fields' like Concept ID and Definition but as well as English I also get German. Now, the spreadsheet doesn't have any German in it, it has English and French as well as a few other columns.

Where has German come from and where has the French gone?!

If I select the English and German Index field it converts it without a problem and I can import the document into Multiterm but instead of French I get German ...

Any ideas?

Direct link Reply with quote Turn social sharing on.
Like 9

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:16
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do you really convert that spreadsheet? Jul 29, 2010

Or maybe by a chance you are still reading a file from older conversion?
Are you sure the column headers are named properly and there are no hidden cells/lines in the file?
BTW, why do you convert Excel 2003 to 2007? AFAIK MT Convert will accept both...

[Edited at 2010-07-29 11:45 GMT]

Like 18

Nathalie Warner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:16
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hidden fields Jul 29, 2010

Hi Jerzy,

Hidden sheets was the problem!

Thanks for the prompt, it helped. My thought process was just arriving at hidden fields, hidden columns etc.

I'm converting from 2003 to 2007 because my laptop has office 2007 and if I import the xml generated from the 2003 excel document then no terms appear in the termbase. On my husbands desktop with office XP it works fine.

Thanks!

Like 9

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2009 Convert problem

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search