United Kingdom
Local time: 12:26
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 29, 2010

Background:
I learnt trados 2009 and have no experience with 2007 suite
In order to deliver a bilingual unclean file I am attempting to use them both 2007 suite and studio 2009.I don't know how to use workbench yet so need 2009 to do translations in 2009 in the meantime as my TMs can be read by the client.

Problem:
I have created a ttx - saved it and opened it and translated it in Studio 2009 - but how do I now save it and then reopen it in tageditor so I can save it as an unclean bilingual text?
I have tried to do this but get the message -

This document contains the DOCTYPE declaration/root element "xliff" which has more than one matching tag settings file - choose a specific one now.

I don't know what to do to continue this process.
Thanks
L

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:26
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Save TTX from Studio Jul 29, 2010

Either use the batch task "Create target version" or use "Save target as" when the file is open in Editor view in Studio.
The target file you produce that way is the requested TTX file and it is bilingual, as soon you have translated it in Studio.

In a nutshell:
To work with Trados 2007 and Studio you need to open any translatable file in TagEditor first and save it as TTX file. Then open the TTX file in Studio, translate it as usual and use the corresponding batch task or the command "Save target as" to produce the target file from Studio. In this very case the target file will be a bilingual TTX file. This file can be delivered to any customer, using Trados 2007.

Lorraine Bathurst
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
opening the resulting doc in tageditor Jul 29, 2010

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Save target as" to produce the target file from Studio. In this very case the target file will be a bilingual TTX file. This file can be delivered to any customer, using Trados 2007.

Ok - so I have done that and understand that mt client can now read this bilingual doc. but could you tell me how I open it in tageditor after doing this. I would like to see the bilingual word doc myself
Thanks
L

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
doc is not bilingual Jul 29, 2010

the only bilingual file in that proces for T2007 is TTX.
The bilingual file for Studio is SDLXLIFF
The resulting target file in source format is ALWAYS monoligual (I mean the source itself, not TTX)

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
You need to select 'Save as TRADOStag Document" Jul 29, 2010

The error message you mention indicates that you tried to open the XLIFF in Tag Editor, which is the bilingual file format of Studio and which is not compatible with Tag Editor.

If you want to open a bilingual file translated in Studio in Tag Editor, you need to open the TTX file in Studio, work on it and then "Save as target", Studio prompts you whether you want to save as "TRADOStag document' or as "Original File". You need to select 'TRADOStag document' in order to save the document in TTX format, otherwise you get a Word target document.

You may then open this TTX in Tag Editor without any problem.

Walter

Lorraine Bathurst
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
saving as a TRADOStag doc Jul 29, 2010

Walter Blaser wrote:

If you want to open a bilingual file translated in Studio in Tag Editor, you need to open the TTX file in Studio, work on it and then "Save as target", Studio prompts you whether you want to save as "TRADOStag document' or as "Original File". You need to select 'TRADOStag document' in order to save the document in TTX format, otherwise you get a Word target document.

You may then open this TTX in Tag Editor without any problem.

Walter

Yes! That's it - Thank you very much Walter.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New to 2007 suite - creating a bilingual file

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search