Several instances of SDL Studio running in the background
Thread poster: Marinus Vesseur

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:34
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 31, 2010

In Windows 7 64 bit, latest updated version of SDL Studio the program will not entirely shut down. Everytime I end Studio a rather large process by that name will keep running. It doesn't seem to interfere with the current, newly-started instance of Studio, but it does slow down the computer.

SDL Studio,SDL Trados,Trados,SDL Crap

I must admit I have something similar going on with Thunderbird, which won't even restart until I kill the running instance in the background.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

- Rien

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 00:34
French to German
+ ...
Are you sure you closed all instances ? Aug 1, 2010

I am also running Windows 7 64 bit and tried to reproduce this situation, without any success. Whenever I close Studio, the task disappears from the Task Manager.

Does this happen all the time or only under certain circumstances? Did you try to do a repair (or to reinstall) Studio?

If this also happens with other programs, it might be due to the configuration of your Windows.

I think, you'll need to do some more investigation and if the problem shows up again after a reinstall and is limited to Studio, then you should report the problem to SDL.

Groeten uit Zwitserland

Walter

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Several instances of SDL Studio running in the background

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search