ttx file generated from xml crashing Tag Editor
Thread poster: Emma Gledhill

Emma Gledhill
Switzerland
Local time: 17:51
German to English
+ ...
Aug 2, 2010

A client has sent me a ttx file to work with, this file was generated from an xml source. I was also sent an ini file. If I load the ini settings and then try to open the ttx file, Tag Editor crashes. If I don't load the ini file, the ttx opens then crashes Tag Editor after 1, 2 or 3 segments. I was then sent the original xml file to convert myself - this opens, but crashes TagEditor after 1 segment. The error report contains the following:

The following files will be included in this error report: C:\DOCUME~1\Emma\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

Both my client and I are using Trados 2007 Suite build 863

Would be extremely grateful for any pointers!

[Edited at 2010-08-02 13:46 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ttx file generated from xml crashing Tag Editor

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search