Thread poster: Hikmat Faraj

Hikmat Faraj  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:35
English to Arabic
+ ...
Aug 2, 2010

Hello,

The problem I am finding in Studio 2009 Freelance is after saving my work and exiting, it is not possible to come back to where I left off. I always come back to the first row, and have to scroll all the way down to where I left off. The more you progress in the project the longer it takes.

I looked for something similar to 'insert bookmark,' but couldn't find anything. I searched the help files also without any success.

I also tried "save all" from the file menu but that only opened for me the views to their previous positions.

Am I missing the obvious?

Thank you.

Hikmat

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:35
English
Use the filter. Aug 2, 2010

Hi Hikmat,

I would say the easiest thing is to filter on unconfirmed segments. This way you will only see the work that you haven't translated and confirmed yet.

To activate this filter, if you can't see it, go to View - Toolbars - Display Filter when you are in the Editor View.

Regards

Paul

United States
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Use the Filter Aug 3, 2010

It worked perfectly. Thanks much.

Hikmat

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
And there is also a 'Go to' command Aug 3, 2010

Hikmat

You may also use the 'Go to' command (CTRL-G) and go to the first segment with status = not translated.

Walter

Joel Earnest
Swedish to English
Using comments Aug 4, 2010

I use comments to mark my place--Start1, Start2, etc. I can then open the Comments window and double-click the appropriate comment to move to its location.
No need to remove them in that comments are not include in the cleaned files you deliver.

Another way it to just note the segment number where you stopped and use Go To to return to it.

[Edited at 2010-08-04 14:45 GMT]

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Sorry, I can't resist... Aug 4, 2010

SDL Support wrote:

I would say the easiest thing is to filter on unconfirmed segments.

Walter Blaser wrote:

You may also use the 'Go to' command (CTRL-G) and go to the first segment with status = not translated.

Joel Earnest wrote:

I use comments to mark my place (...)
Another way it to just note the segment number where you stopped and use Go To to return to it.

Well.
In DVX/memoQ I simply open my project/file icon_smile.gif

Cheers
GG

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
There is hope Aug 6, 2010

Just for your information: in the meantime several requests have been made through various channels to SDL about this, so SDL knows that the user community wants a "go to last edit" function similar to SHIFT-F5 in Word or/and the behavior that the file automatically opens at the past point of editing.

The ideas submitted on ideas.sdl.com on this issue have already been accepted, so there is hope to see this implemented in one of the next releases.

Walter

United States
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all Aug 9, 2010

I am sorry I have not responded or commented earlier. Thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread. Hopefully the next upgrade will take this question into consideration.

Best,

Hikmat

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trying to go back to where I left off before exiting

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search