Studio Display filter: toggling between target and source
Thread poster: Emma Goldsmith

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:04
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Aug 3, 2010

In the diplay filter toolbar you can enter a word to filter by so that you only see segments containing that particular word (or phrase). It's very useful.
There is a tiny drop-down arrow to toggle between "apply to source" and "apply to target" and I find it a real fiddle because it's so small.

If anyone has discovered a way round this, please let me know. I have posted an idea on the SDL ideas website to make this arrow bigger or to provide a keyboard shortcut. If you are interested, please vote for this idea here:

http://ideas.sdl.com/ideas/detail.asp?i=3205

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
It is the same size as the ones in the other toolbars Aug 3, 2010

Hi Emma

The arrow is the same size as in the other toolbars, such as the Preview toolbar. I think this is a standard module and I am not sure if the programmer can influence the size of this (I guess it is proportional to the font size used in the toolbar). However, that is just a guess, I am not familiar with .NET programming.

Did you notice that you do not need to click exactly onto the arrow itself, but anywhere in the vertical stripe that contains the arrow?

Walter

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
being sensitive to target/source segment Aug 4, 2010

Hi Walter, yes, the arrow's the same size as the preview one, but the display filter happens to be one that I use a lot.

And I agree that you have some vertical space, but horizontally it's a tight fit. I think it would be reasonable to have a drop-down like it's neighbour (drop down "all segments" etc.)

Or better still, it could be sensitive, the way F3 (concordance) is. If I'm in the source segment, Studio will search source TUs. If I'm in a target segment, it will search target TUs.

Wouldn't the display filter be better if it worked like that?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio Display filter: toggling between target and source

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search